Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Who is the guy producing firmwares for NX????

Hi

I hoped that with Harmann, AMX would have a more intelligent head of engineering but it looks not ! Who is the crazy guy that developped firmwares for NX controlers ?? Boot sequence that has a moment during 30s/1mn with all LEDs off ????? Is it crazy to do such things ? each time you get confused if controler has crashed, is dead, power supply dead or unplugged ??

Mister Robert Noble, it would be really time to take into consideration feeedback of users and programmers ? and get products designed by people using them ;)

Cheers,

Vinc

Comments

• javery1javery1 Posts: 21
    And making that worse is the lovely bug where if you try to connect to an NX controller too soon after it boots, it locks up and has to be hard-reset.
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    javery1 wrote: »
    And making that worse is the lovely bug where if you try to connect to an NX controller too soon after it boots, it locks up and has to be hard-reset.
    Yep typical of something not even tested a minimum before being released !!!!
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I have an NX-3200 that does not show either of these behaviors. Whassup wid dat? My reboot times are pretty fast really.
  • NZRobNZRob Posts: 70
    Same - have worked with a lot of the NX processors and not seen either behaviors either? What firmware are we talking about?
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Also, do take the "nothing in DEFINE_PROGRAM" very seriously. It causes performance issues.
  • javery1javery1 Posts: 21
    Perhaps it is only the NX controllers in the DVX. I've run into such issues with the systems I support and with my office test processor, but they're all DVXs.

Worst I've seen it was in the Dallas programming 2 class a few weeks ago, with many hard reboots for non-responsive units.
    ericmedley wrote: »
    Also, do take the "nothing in DEFINE_PROGRAM" very seriously. It causes performance issues.
    I stopped using the Define Program section since NetLinx has been released years ago ;)
  • DraugarDraugar Posts: 27
    What firmware on the DVX are you experiencing this with, and what NetLinx version do you have? I am curious as I have not had that experience yet.
    Draugar wrote: »
    What firmware on the DVX are you experiencing this with, and what NetLinx version do you have? I am curious as I have not had that experience yet.
    My concern here is not with DVX but just the NX controlers !! The ones released more than two years ago and AMX has never updated Cafe Duet to work with also....