Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Oppo Heads Up

A few month back I updated the fw on an Oppo BDP-103 and I recently received the word that forward and rewind no longer work. In Oppos Proto v1.1 you just had to send "'#REV',$0D" or "'#FWD',$0D" but now in Proto v1.2.2 you have to send a speed parameter as well.
REV 1/16  1/8  1/4  1/2  1  2  3 4 5 
Set Fast Reverse Play speed.  

FWD 1/16  1/8  1/4  1/2  1  2  3 4 5 
Set Fast Forward Play speed.  

so now it need to be:

"'#REV 1/16',$0D" or "'#FWD 3',$0D"

it also means that in order to sequence through the speeds you have to track and store your current speed so for a quick fix I just did:
(*  FYI, speed is received and the tracking var set in the RX parsing not here  *)

if(sOppo.sFB[DVD_FB_PLYBAK_STAT].nValue != PLYBAK_STAT_FFWD)
                         {
                         sOppo.cREWFWD_Spd = '';
                         }
                    SWITCH(sOppo.cREWFWD_Spd)
                         {
                         CASE'1/16':     {cSpd = '1/8';}
                         CASE'1/8':        {cSpd = '1/4';}        
                         CASE'1/4':        {cSpd = '1/2';}
                         CASE'1/2':        {cSpd = '1';}
                         CASE'1':        {cSpd = '2';}
                         CASE'2':        {cSpd = '3';}
                         CASE'3':        {cSpd = '4';}
                         CASE'4':        {cSpd = '5';}
                         CASE'5':        {cSpd = '1/16';}
                         DEFAULT:        {cSpd = '1/16';}
                         }
                    fnDEV_Q_Cmd(TX_CMD_ARRY[TX_CMD_INDX_FWD],cSpd);

same thing for reverse.
I used a common var for both fwd and rev that resets on any other transport press. It would had been nice if Oppo kept the old method still valid so if no spd parameter is sent, don't throw an error but sequence through the speeds as it did before. Doesn't make sense to make us track this, should just be a simple toggle sequence the way it was.

Comments

• Options
    MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    That is just silly
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Yeah, breaking $hit for no good reason is just wrong. Don't have a clue what they were thinking. Of course they'll probably realize it was a mistake and change it back.
  • Options
    amdpoweramdpower Posts: 110
    Well that was irresponsible. I'm trying to think of a use case to even need a "direct speed access". It's not like I would ever put all the speeds as buttons on a touchpanel. When would toggling through never be enough? Unless you just always wanted a certain speed. Hell, for commercial I'll probably just choose 3 and use that. Really hope the calls don't start coming in but our stuff is rarely updated by the user so I doubt it.
  • Options
    GregGGregG Posts: 251
    Having written plenty of parsers on the AMX end of things, I'd have to say it's just lazy not to allow the command without any parameter to work at some default behavior so that existing implementations do not break.