Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

master firmware update

This might be normal (and maybe I just haven't noticed it before) but I just tried upgrading our NX-2200 demo unit.. It showed updating "1 of 5" and continued though. It completed 4 and then stopped and rebooted. Is #5 that fast that I didn't see it or is it not required? Just wondering as I need to do a similar update for a client which is why I am asking.

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I don't have my notes in front of me to confirm or deny this as being accurate...
    But, suffice it to say there have been several firmware updates in the past that knowingly "Failed" on the first upload. But, this was by design in that the hardware needed one of the first parts to upgrade a kernel or JAVA library or whatever before the totality of the firmware would work. So, the firmware installation instructions told us to load the firmware twice, knowing it would deliberately reboot after one of the intermediate files finished loading to execute the new whatever it was. Then the second load finished the job.

So, since it doesn't hurt to load FW twice, I'd just go ahead and load it again.
  • Options
    PyroGuyPyroGuy Posts: 121
    Thanks Eric...

I tried a few times on our demo unit (NX2200) without success. Fortunately, it was successful on the client unit (2 hours away). Internet firmware update took about 2 hours to complete but it was successful.

As an old newbie, I appreciate your input!