Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

SVSi Serial Commands

Hello,

I have an upcoming project where i will be using alot of SVSi encoders and decoders connected to a NX Controller.

The decoders will have their serial phoenix connectors going to the rooms displays (Projectors or LCDs)

Looking at the API for the SVSi gear it seems that all serial commands will have to be pre-loaded to the unit itself???

SYNTAX:
sendser:<commandname>;

DESCRIPTION:
Executes serial command stored in
unit?s software. Recall is by saved
name.

RESPONSE:
Current status of device

EXAMPLE:
sendser:play;

NOTES:
The <commandname> is case and space
sensitive. We recommend saving the
commands as lowercase, all one word (for
example, playpause).

Does anyone know if i can just use the normal "send_string" through Netlinx Studio ?

I will have a play around when the gear arrives but it might be worth flagging to the designers to use the spare LAN port if i can't use SEND_STRING as normal.

Thanks for any replies

Comments

• Options
    We've been using SVSi encoders and decoders in projects for a long time and send_string works just fine.

SVSi seems to think that you will want to load the commands to the unit and then recall them when you need them. That's fine, but I prefer to have all of the commands in my code in case we need to replace an encoder or decoder. Unfortunately there isn't a way to do this directly to decoder, but you can if you are using an N8000 control unit. Per the API, you can send the serialhex command to the N8000 and it will pass the command on to the decoder. Here's an example from a project we just did:
    define_function sendProjectorCommand(char cmd[], char ipDisplay[])        //    19200,8,0,1,0
    {
        switch(cmd)
        {
            case 'on':
            {
                send_string dvSVSIController,"'serialhex 1 ',ipDisplay,' 41 30 30 0d',$0D";
                send_string 0,"'Projector On: Decoder IP ',ipDisplay";
            }
            case 'off':
            {
                send_string dvSVSIController,"'serialhex 1 ',ipDisplay,' 41 30 31 0d',$0D";
                send_string 0,"'Projector Off: Decoder IP ',ipDisplay";
            }
            case 'hdmi':
            {
                send_string dvSVSIController,"'serialhex 1 ',ipDisplay,' 41 33 36 0d',$0D";
                send_string 0,"'Projector HDMI: Decoder IP ',ipDisplay";
            }
        }
    }

As you can see, that's a hex command, but if you wanted ASCII you would do something like this:
    define_function sendProjectorCommand(char cmd[], char ipDisplay[])        //    19200,8,0,1,0
    {
        switch(cmd)
        {
            case 'on':
            {
                send_string dvSVSIController,"'serialhex 1 ',ipDisplay,' "POWON" 0d',$0D";
                send_string 0,"'Projector On: Decoder IP ',ipDisplay";
            }
            case 'off':
            {
                send_string dvSVSIController,"'serialhex 1 ',ipDisplay,' "POWOFF" 0d',$0D";
                send_string 0,"'Projector Off: Decoder IP ',ipDisplay";
            }
            case 'hdmi':
            {
                send_string dvSVSIController,"'serialhex 1 ',ipDisplay,' "HDMI1" 0d',$0D";
                send_string 0,"'Projector HDMI: Decoder IP ',ipDisplay";
            }
        }
    }

Hopefully that helps.
  • Options
    AntAnt Posts: 54
    Thanks for the reply Travis.

Unfortunately the Decoders are all N1222 and in the APi i can't see the SerialHex command only the sendser command as described above -Dman it!

http://www.amx.com//assets/manuals/S...ommandList.pdf

It looks like all AMX Modules are useless when using this product as you have to make up all the strings yourself...
  • Options
    AntAnt Posts: 54
    Got it working

Just open serial port 50004 and use send_string - worked straight up.

http://support.svsiav.com/entries/108338263-Control-Ports-for-SVSI-with-external-Control-Systems
  • Options
    Ant wrote: »
    Got it working

Just open serial port 50004 and use send_string - worked straight up.

http://support.svsiav.com/entries/108338263-Control-Ports-for-SVSI-with-external-Control-Systems

Very cool. I've never tried it that way as we always spec the N8002. I'll have to test it out on future jobs.