Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

Cox Contour STB IR Control

Despite my exhaustive and best efforts, I cannot control the new cox contour boxes via ir. Been coding almost 20 years so I've tried everything in my book. I own an Iris and put that through the paces but no go. Was able to acquire hex codes but they didn't work. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Does the cable box have an RF/IR option that has RF selected instead of IR?

Aside from making sure that you're 100% positive that the emitter is good and that you're 100% positive that the AMX IR port is good, I'm out of ideas as well. I assume the cable box is good and that it works with the original remote.
  • banobano Posts: 173
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    Does the cable box have an RF/IR option that has RF selected instead of IR?

Aside from making sure that you're 100% positive that the emitter is good and that you're 100% positive that the AMX IR port is good, I'm out of ideas as well. I assume the cable box is good and that it works with the original remote.

Used the emitter/port on another device and it worked fine. The cable box does have the ability to do ir/rf simultaneously, and I can get it to work with it's own remote via ir. Thanks for the quick response Joe.
  • banobano Posts: 173
    BTW the model is a Cisco Explorer 9865HDC. Apparently Ctron and C4 can control this device. Hopefully someone can help. I've never had to tell a client I couldn't control a piece of gear via IR.
  • Use the (video) camera your phone and aim the IR emitter at it, transmit/send some codes. You should see the "IR" codes flashing/blinking from the emitter. Do the same with the cable box remote, and see it they are about the same brightness. I don't thinks it's a problem now days, but turn off any fluorescent lights, and plasma displays in the room. See if IR emitters works. Plasma displays & fluorescent lights have been know to "jam" IR.

Tim