Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Samsung DM32e DM55e Serial

I am using the "New" HPX-U400-CP-1008 Novara keypads (which are old rebranded CP-1008-US Novara keypads) to control a few rooms and I have the protocol guide for the Samsung displays from the manuals, but they are very lacking. Does anyone know if there is any remote emulation via 232 on these Samsungs to toggle power, channel up/down, or volume up/down?

I hate that engineering comes after sales in the "flow".

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    From a toggle, up/down perspective I dont think so. I have two docs on hand and neither have anything on those, its all set values.
  • Options
    IIRC, buttons on the CP-1008 can be set as toggles (for up to 4? states), so for each state we can send out different commands ie. one state sends power on and the other state power off. I don't remember whether we should set it to advance to the other state or not.
  • Options
    feddxfeddx Posts: 175
    Circling back around. We ended up using IR and serial to control these to give the client all the functionality they wanted. Thanks again.
  • Options
    For anyone thinking about using these "New" HPX-U400-CP-1008 Novara keypads, this statement from AMX may be useful:

Known Issues:
    • This software is only compatible with 32-bit Windows. Attempting to load code to a Novara CP-10xx control pad from this DCS software running on 64-bit Windows will cause the control pad to lock and require repair.
    I think this statement is kinda weird in 2017, where many, many Windows installs are 64 bit, not updating the software, and at the same time selling these devices.

We did not have to sent these back for repair, but locking up is common. Up to now they did came 'back to live', but we now use an old XP laptop to program these, while we still have them. We won't buy new ones. Maybe a VM will work, but haven't tried it.

Just thought people might want to know this, if they don't already.
  • Options
    feddxfeddx Posts: 175
    For anyone thinking about using these "New" HPX-U400-CP-1008 Novara keypads, this statement from AMX may be useful:

Known Issues:
    • This software is only compatible with 32-bit Windows. Attempting to load code to a Novara CP-10xx control pad from this DCS software running on 64-bit Windows will cause the control pad to lock and require repair.

Just thought people might want to know this, if they don't already.

See my first post in this thread. I agree. I keep a 32-bit XP laptop for just such an occasion. But some of the people in my company have been able to use the software in compatibility mode.