Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

Bosch DCN CCU2 Audio Conference Control

Dear All,
There is a project where I have been asked to control a Bosch DCN CCU2 conference system and specifically to get the status of some microphones when they are on or off. As I have seen, this system can be controlled through Ethernet communication on port 9451.
I am really very confused by reading the documentation sent by the local dealer. Although I was able to launch a connection between my AMX master controller and the DCN system on port 9451, the only reply I was getting from DCN was the string ?pD every 5 seconds.
I did not manage to send any command to DCN system since it was not clear to me how to !!

Has anyone ever controlled this system ?

Comments

• MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    Never have, can you post the document you received, maybe we can take a quick look.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    please find attached the document..

I'm sorry, I don't see an attachment.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Well, that's quite a protocol document... Unfortunately, it seem to have been written by someone who doesn't do AV Control system programming. It's all pretty much a bunch of C programming copy/paste where the person wrote a PC interface for the thing. If you're handy with C+ you can probably just go through and suss out how to build the command protocol.

The bottom line is that VTCs can be a pain to program from scratch. There's a lot of stuff to control and lots of information that has to go back and forth. It's not that it's hard. It's just tedious.

I didn't have time to go through the document much but I it looks like the message format is pretty well documented. I'd say you have a lot of light reading on your hands.

To your question: What string are you sending to the unit to try and get a response?