Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

PLK-DMS and variable text..

It's been a while since I have seen one of the old DMS keypads out in the wild but I have run into a takeover project with a house full of them. One issue I am seeing is that when I send a text command to a keypad the text on the keypad doesn't update until you either send a page command or you back out of the page and then back into it. I don't remember having this issue in the past.

The keypads also seem to be producing 2 button presses when you press a button and the release is being missed.

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I just looked at some (very) old code I had with a bunch of DMS keypads. I didn't see anything to indicate that you needed to refresh the page to see the text change but I do have this nagging thought that it may have been the case. Also, which text command are you using? My old code still has the TEXT<button id>- not the more current methods .
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    +1 on need to refresh a PLK-DMS page after a change on a button. Our code still supports them in a mix with G3 and G4 and such. Pretty rare to find them in real life. I have three in my home system, which no longer seems like real life...

We have not seen any degradation in function (nor any double takes) with newer NI hardware and firmware. Not tried with NX processors, but they don't have ICSNET so I won't.