Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

SMTP_SEND and CLKMGR UTC Setting

This may be a repeat of some discussions that took place in 2015 but I never saw a conclusion or resolution so I wanted to touch base on the issue again. I recently converted some old Netlinx code that used i!-EquipmentManager for SMTP email functions to use the Netlinx SMTP_SEND() internal function. The EquipmentMonitor implementation had a configuration routine that let you set UTC for outgoing mail so that the mail headers would actually reflect the time a message was sent when it arrived at the mail client. There is no equivalent configuration value for builtin SMTP so I assumed it would use CLKMGR to determine the current UTC and incorporate this into the SMTP header accordingly.

I have all of CLKMGR configuration settings correct (time is correct, UTC is correct, DST is correct, all time functions working properly) but all emails sent using SMTP_SEND() are received by the mail client with UTC set to 0 which in my case makes the client think the email was sent 5 hours earlier than was the case. I checked Netlinx.axi version 1.62 to see if perhaps a new configuration call had been added but no changes there. I did not see anything in the current Known Issues list for firmware version 1.5.68 on the NX processors (my test platform) relating to SMTP and the UTC timestamp.

Anyone else seen this problem? If it is something I am doing (or not doing), I would love to correct it. If it is a deficiency in the SMTP_SEND() implementation, I would like to at least make sure it is reported. Thanks.