Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Q-SYS Core 110F

Hey everybody,

Seeing if anyone has has to work with a Q-SYS Core yet. If so how did it go? Was the protocol pretty straight forward?

DWT

Comments

• Options
    eric12eric12 Posts: 1
    Yes, the protocol hasn't changed in years. The dialer is odd to subscribe to for unsolicited FB, IMO. Voip does not behave like pots for incoming call, custom controls have to be added in designer for this and use that for your named control. Snapshots you can talk directly to without a named control.
  • Options
    The External Control has been around forever and is very solid. The remote Control is new and I've been dying to dig into it, but haven't really had anything that justifies it. The dialer, I agree, is a little wonky, but QSC knows and is making continuous updates, and their support is fantastic. For example: They don't have DTMF properties controls(tone length, etc), but it's coming in future versions AND they'll send you a custom dtmf module if you need it.

FYI - the serial port is not intended for external control, but I have been a situation where I needed to use it. I had to write a custom module on the Q-Sys Side to tie custom controls to that port.
  • Options
    I've just started my first project interfacing with one and so far it's been pretty straight forward but have only been doing basic stuff so far just to start learning the platform since have my first project coming up using one. Luckily the project won't include VOIP or calls since it's going into an educational environment. Luckily the DSP designer has done several projects interfacing C so has been pretty helpful as he handed me all of the control strings for what he wanted controlled.
  • Options
    MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    Havent played with the remote control yet, I would like to that way you wouldnt have to have a seperate named controls that reside on the same object. I love how when your emulating you can connect to that PC and test as if it was a real unit.
  • Options
    MLaletas wrote: »
    I love how when your emulating you can connect to that PC and test as if it was a real unit.

Agreed. Absolutely one of the best features.
  • Options
    It's pretty straight forward and has gotten better with designer 5.3.
    The POTS line is flakey. We had to use a Patton VoIP Gateway because the POTS on the Core wouldn't do DTMF. Other than that, works and sounds great.
  • Options
    NZRobNZRob Posts: 70
    Just set one up on Friday with POTS and worked perfectly also DTMF worked perfectly (tested tested multiple pin codes into audio bridge). No subscription setup means that you have to poll for incoming and line status so delayed the time of the polling. Cheated and wired IO from 110 to IO of Processor and then was instant notification of incoming.
  • Options
    MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    Did you know that you can add those named controls to a group that you set an internal poll on the qsc with a specified time. It will send out changes if any so it's nearly a subscription.
  • Options
    NZRobNZRob Posts: 70
    Yip, I know but its poll time feedback which is totally fine for most things but I feel waiting 2-3 seconds (if set to this) before you know there is an incoming call is too long and if set short enough then get swamped with 'its not ringing' messages for the 1 call a week when it will change to 'its ringing'.