Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

NX and Duet issues

I've seen something odd with the new NX controllers using Duet modules with the latest FW on a couple of systems. After a few days, the Duet modules no longer communicate over their serial port. My own Netlinx modules still work, but not the AMX Duet modules. They are still online, port status shows 251, 252 on, yet no command does anything but echo the command in notifications. REINIT does nothing. A reboot fixes it. I have a system that is doing this regularly so I now reboot it every few days since I can't figure out how to fix it, but I saw it again at another location as well so I'm wondering if its a Duet bug. Has anyone else seen this type of behavior? On the NX-3200 controller I am rebooting every few days, its just a subsystem master, controlling an 8 port Autopatch switch, a small security system, and a pool controller with Duet modules, so its not doing much at all, yet after 3-4 days all the AMX Duet modules stop responding and only a reboot gets them back to work,
Paul

Comments

• pdabrowskipdabrowski Posts: 184
    Unsure whether this is related, but I have had a number of NI's requiring new CF cards after their Duet modules stop responding.
    I began to notice this when doing a SHOW MEM and the Duet memory line doesn't print to screen. Everything else on the system works except for anything off a Duet module.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    pdabrowski wrote: »
    Unsure whether this is related, but I have had a number of NI's requiring new CF cards after their Duet modules stop responding.
    I began to notice this when doing a SHOW MEM and the Duet memory line doesn't print to screen. Everything else on the system works except for anything off a Duet module.

That's odd. I'll check the Duet memory next time and see what it says. Thanks for posting.
    Paul

• I have the same issue with panasonic camera duet modules and cisco sx80. I noticed that once in a while (like every month) the duet modules stop responding. The only way to recover their functionality is to reboot the system. Still haven't found out what's causing the issue. If you have any news please share.

Kostas