Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

How to program TXC-32+

I installed an newer DVD player in a system w/ AXC-EM controller and AXT-EL+ TP, and TXC-32+ xmtr's. (DVD is IR controlled)

I made a additional pages on the TP file for chapter selections. The program is quite confusing with room combines, and nonstandard names in the Define Devices. Simply hard for me to read. I'm stuck on how to go about writing available TXC-32+ button functions and associated IR codes in the program.

Can someone give me a hand?

Thanks

Brian

Comments

• Options
    Love to help, but I'm not completely following... Is the issue with needing more buttons and/or engraving on the remote?

Don't forget - the TXC-32 should really be called the TXC-48... There's room for 48 buttons on that puppy.

- Chip
  • Options
    KouyaKouya Posts: 60
    How to program TXC-32+

Hello Chip,

Here's were I'm getting confused, I already found references to the previous assigned buttons in the axcess program. There are about 6 free bottons. In Tp Design I assigned channel and IR functions for the new dvd player.

How do I reflect those new buttons in the actual axcess program? Client wants to be able to open the chapter select menu on the new dvd player. I'm trying to add the ability to open the chapter select menu, choose your chapter, play choosen chapter, and close the submenu.

Dazed and confuse comes from looking at a program that was written by someone with years of experience and code writing style. For a novice it's taking sometime to totally understand everything the program is doing beyond the basic stop, play, power, and drapes open stuff.

Thanks

brian
  • Options
    The TXC-32's channel assignment is set by dip switches (found in the battery case) and depending on that setting, the buttons send AMX IR/RF channels.

Like Chip noticed, the TXC-32 for real is a "TXC-48", there are two "hidden" rows in the middle. The attached pdf is part of the TXC+ manual. There you'll find a table showing the dipswitch setting corresponding to the AMX IR/RF channels. The "official" buttons are OLDesign/TXC-internally numbered 1..32, the "hidden" buttons are numbered 33..48.

So (see attached table) if the TXC32 is set to radio code 1, the official buttons have IR/RF channels 16..48, the hidden ones have channels 49..63.

To see the hidden buttons in OLDesign, select a TXC-32 template (or your existing OLDesign file) and the use menu option BUTTON->RESTORE

Hope this helps....