Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

MXT-1001 / SCAN FOR MASTER

I am working with some MXT-1001 TP's. I have several controllers. An NX-1200, NI-700, NX3101 SIG, ENOVA DVX 3150 HD.
When I go into settings of the TP and select 'Scan for Masters' under the Netlinx tab, it only sees my NX-1200 but no others.
If I am on any of the web servers I can go to manage Netlinx and see all of the controllers there.
They are all on the same network.... I'm not sure what to do from here any suggestions?

Comments

• MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    Are all your controllers on the same VLAN?
  • I've never set up a vlan before, I hadn't the need.
    Could you inform me how or where to go to read up some more.

Thank you
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    The G5 panel might not be able to see the older masters if the firmware is older. My office G5s cannot see an old NI900 I have.
  • That was my fear. Can you still send a tp5 file to it and receive input from it even though the G5 doesn't see the master? Or are they not compatible?
  • pdabrowskipdabrowski Posts: 184
    That was my fear. Can you still send a tp5 file to it and receive input from it even though the G5 doesn't see the master? Or are they not compatible?
    Instead of scan for masters or using connect to system, have you tried to use the URL connection type and put the IP address of the master there?

I've got a G5's and G4's all talking to a NI3100 with no trouble.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Not sure but if the UDP BC Rate is set to zero on the master would the panel see the master? Is scan the same as listen for masters? Not to say your master has its BC Rate set to zero but it might, was populare for a long while for dealers to do this. I also used URL and just put in the IP of the master.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    That was my fear. Can you still send a tp5 file to it and receive input from it even though the G5 doesn't see the master? Or are they not compatible?[/QAnother

Another thought (a bit kludgy admittedly ) would be to go ahead and connect the panel to the NX master and use Master -to-master to get the panel's code to work. In other words use the NX as the UI code master and have the NX master communicate to the other master(s) to get whatever job done. or at least so you can upload a panel file....