Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

AMX Developers Conference 2017

Next week (July 26-28) is Developer's Conference for the AMX VIPs. For those not going - do you have any specific questions you'd like to ask? I try to make a point of presenting questions that come from the forum. (that are not just snarky quips) <happy face>

I'm wanting to know the straight-skinny on where programming is going. We've been emphatically instructed to brush up on our Javascripting skills. So, the implications of that statement are front-and-center in my mind.

Comments

• Options
    NZRobNZRob Posts: 70
    The request for Javascripting is coming from SVSI as a control system - have worked partly with a Web designer in setting up large user signage control systems from web/phone apps. Current problem I have with it is that you can develop some good modules e.g. a display module, but as soon as some one connects to the controller, they have full access to everything. So why would I spend a long time developing a module to just have no control over handing it complete to the next person.
  • Options
    MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    Ask about the Wireless TP and handheld remote situation. Im getting harassed by coworkers that do not like AMX, I dont like getting harassed :(.
  • Options
    Add in when the Acendo finally being released?
  • Options
    mushmush Posts: 287
    ericmedley wrote: »
    We've been emphatically instructed to brush up on our Javascripting skills.
    Interesting... I had heard that the NetLinx compiler was dead.

• Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    MLaletas wrote: »
    Ask about the Wireless TP and handheld remote situation.

Handheld remote ain't gonna happen.
  • Options
    Dont forget to update us!