Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

MVP8400 cannot get into the setup menu

Dear All,
I have an older MVP8400 which has been disconnected from the local network due to an SSID change. I need to configure the new SSID but I cannot get into the panel setup with no way. Neither by holding the external buttons nor by holding on the center of the overlay while the panel boots up.
Is there another way to get into the setup ? Can I factory set the panel maybe by removing the CF card ?

Thanks,
George

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Just to be doubly sure - are you taking out the batteries and powering the unit down before holding the center of the screen? And also - you must hold the center of the screen well past the panel booting up and coming to its startup screen. Another thought is that the panel might need to be calibrated. Here again - to get to that routine keep holding the center of the screen through the normal statup page, then through the setup menu (keep holding) and after about 6 seconds of the setup menu - the calibration page will appear. do the calibration and see what happens.
  • there are not batteries any more, it only works with the power supply. So, I'm holding the center of the screen, then plug in the supply. I can hear a "beep" like when it gets into the setup menu, but it does not.
    Of course if I keep holding the screen, it does not even get into calibration mode. Nevertheless, it loads the UI file properly.
    To be honest , there are times that when I'm pressing anywhere on screen - just to change pages - it seems as it is doing nothing like when the calibration has been lost. So that maybe the problem when I'm holding on center. I might not press on center eventually.
    But how can I get into the calibration page since none of the known ways are working ?
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    there are not batteries any more, it only works with the power supply. So, I'm holding the center of the screen, then plug in the supply. I can hear a "beep" like when it gets into the setup menu, but it does not.
    Of course if I keep holding the screen, it does not even get into calibration mode. Nevertheless, it loads the UI file properly.
    To be honest , there are times that when I'm pressing anywhere on screen - just to change pages - it seems as it is doing nothing like when the calibration has been lost. So that maybe the problem when I'm holding on center. I might not press on center eventually.
    But how can I get into the calibration page since none of the known ways are working ?

Perhaps it's just time to let go.
  • If you know the old SSID and password you can setup a local network using a router and sent the SETUP command from the Netlinx controller to the panel.

SEND_COMMAND Panel,"'SETUP'"