Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Need 3 Met-7 keypads.

Well now that John posted about the axlinx Met keypads being discontinued, now I see why ADI can't get us our other keypads.

We're not dealers, but still sell and program AMX for courtrooms around here. We ordered 4 for the latest and only received one. Been waiting 2 months for the other three.

Technically we need 2 HPX-U400-R-MET-7 and one regular met-7, but will take what we can get and order the 400 7e for the box risers.

Will actually buy singles from three people if needed. Any color. New or used... We all ready have engravings.. We had existing conduit and there's no way to get Ethernet to the locations.

Thanks,

Kevin D.

Comments

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Other than the Bay of E, you are not likely to find more keypads.
    I will look around and see, I think I have ONE Met7 in white that we have no plans for.
    The Met13 is far easier to find on the Bay than the 7.

But as for ethernet over AXLINK 2-pair, it can work. Just use 1,2,3 and 6 slots in rj 45 jack insert "orange white" in 1 , "orange" in 2 , "green white" in 3 and "green" in 6. Your actual colors may vary, but wire both ends the same. Leave the other slots empty.
    This will pass 10/100 but not gigabit. A fair trade-off.
  • shr00m-dewshr00m-dew Posts: 394
    Yeah, that's our 2nd to last option. Last would be upgrading the other courts in the district to the Ethernet version where we can get network.

I'll check today, but I believe we have some 6n's around the shop for trade.

Kevin D.