Home AMX User Forum AMX RPM Forum

Driver modules and files for third party matrix switchers and amplifiers in RPM

Hi,
May I know if a RPM driver module or files are available or being developed for Extron switchers and amplifiers?

I have just taken over the maintenance of AV installations for a client and the previous installer used a lot of Extron switchers and amplifiers. He also coded the NI3100' using the traditional coding methods and the codes are not available.

I will like to use RPM to manage the systems without replacing any of the equipment since they are fairly new and functioning well.

I will be grateful if anyone can give me a tool to develop the RPM driver files or modules for the Extron equipment which are mainly Extron DXP HDMI matrix switcher series, IN1604 HD switchers and XPA2001 Amplifiers. This way I can add the files to the RPM program when selecting devices. The equipment can be controlled via the serial ports or LAN and the SIS serial commands are available in their respective manuals.

All the other end user equipment are supported in RPM (Polycom codecs, NEC screens and projectors) and they are fine.

Thanks a lot in advance and a Happy new year to all. Hope 2016 brings more success and peace to all of us.:)