Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Volume Feeback Formatting

I have a newbie question. I am using the NECP754Q module to control an NEC C861Q-AVT2 display. The module is returning a Double Precision number for volume feeback on LEVEL.VALUE. When I try to pass this on to my touch panel volume bar I get the following in the Notification Window.

Line 442 2019-03-06 (10:44:26):: Level Value From [41002:1:1] - Level 1 Value= 48.000000
Line 427 2019-03-06 (10:36:41):: Level Value To [32001:5:1] - Level 196 Value= No Conversion for Double Precision

I have worked at this all morning and could use some help. How do I convert LEVEL.VALUE to a format I can send to the volume bar?

LEVEL_EVENT[vdvDisp_A_C,1] //Pod A Volume Level FB
{
SEND_LEVEL dvTP_A_VOL,Pod_A_Vol_FB,LEVEL.VALUE
}

Thanks!

Comments

• fogled@mizzoufogled@mizzou Posts: 549
    edited March 2019

Cheesy, but stuffing it into an integer will truncate the the number to a whole integer, and should taste of the cheesy goodness you desire.

LEVEL_EVENT[vdvDisp_A_C,1] //Pod A Volume Level FB
    {
         stack_var integer THIS_LEVEL 
         THIS_LEVEL = LEVEL.VALUE
         SEND_LEVEL dvTP_A_VOL,Pod_A_Vol_FB,THIS_LEVEL
    }

• That was exactly the gooey cheesiness I needed. Thanks!

• Mhh, just because it bugs me (that's my problem, not yours... :/ ), I see you assigned your touchpanel devicenumber 32001. That's a range reserved for dynamically assigned device numbers (32001-32767).
    Touchpanels usually start at 10001. If you care: it's on page 22 & 23 of the NetLinx Language Reference guide

You can do whatever you want of course, but it can be useful to adhere to some standard. Makes it easier for others to understand your program.

• Thanks for that. Last week my touchpanel device number changed on me without warning, now I know why. I will switch it to the 10001 range.

• The address range of 32001 - 32767 are reserved as the dynamic device address pool. If a device connects to a master without an assigned device number the master will assign it a number out of that pool. Check the online tree next time you are connected - NetLinx Studio and TPDesign will be present with D:P:S in that range.

The reason why your touchpanel changed addresses is because another device had grabbed that one first.

The valid addressing range for physical devices is 1 - 32000, 10xxx:1:0 for touch panels is only a historical AMX recommendation.