Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Help RS232 Primare DVD30

Hi,
Anyone can help me to control in RS232 the DVD30 of Primare.
I have the RS232 protocol and I implemented the command in NetLinx code, but the device not respond anything!

thank you

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Whenever I deal with a new 232 device, my preference is to first control the device with computer. This let's me verify that I have the correct settings and, depending on the protocol, let's me verify that I understand the implementation of the protocol. If I have problems communicating from my computer, it's also easier (and often more familiar) to deal with the products tech support people in an effort to resolve the conflict.

Hope this helps,
    Jeff
  • Options
    Rs232

Hi Giacomo,
    I wrote something about rs232 early in this forum. It's about TXD and RXD.
    Are your sure you connect things the right way.
    I you are new to this all i give you some steps to check.
    1. Check TXD and RXD
    2. Check communication settings(baud rate,parity,stop bits)
    3. Read very carfully the protocoll (Sometimes for example the procoll is writing &h0D In AMX this is $0D)
    4. Thry at first the most simple command (lets say the play command).
    5. If the protocoll are just ASCII commands try to use Hyperterminal.
    6. Find out if the device sends a error code (for example NACK) and check if this code is returned if you send a string to the device (no matter what is in the string) If you connected fine you can read the error code so you know there is communication.
    7. A last thing reminds me to sanyo projectors controlling with a 8 pin mini din plug CHECK IF GROUND IS REALLY GROUND. Is de ground terminal connected to the device ground. I my case it wasn't no matter what the manual says. It takes me a lot of hours to get things right.Another issue is that sanyo projectors don't like if AMX power or connection has broke down. You must Unplug the projector or start it with the remote control and switch sometimes then everythings fine. I don't say that's your problem but i run into it several times and maybe it's usefull to you.

Good Luck
  • Options
    giacomogiacomo Posts: 11
    Solution!
    Hi Giacomo,
    I wrote something about rs232 early in this forum. It's about TXD and RXD.
    Are your sure you connect things the right way.
    I you are new to this all i give you some steps to check.
    1. Check TXD and RXD
    2. Check communication settings(baud rate,parity,stop bits)
    3. Read very carfully the protocoll (Sometimes for example the procoll is writing &h0D In AMX this is $0D)
    4. Thry at first the most simple command (lets say the play command).
    5. If the protocoll are just ASCII commands try to use Hyperterminal.
    6. Find out if the device sends a error code (for example NACK) and check if this code is returned if you send a string to the device (no matter what is in the string) If you connected fine you can read the error code so you know there is communication.
    7. A last thing reminds me to sanyo projectors controlling with a 8 pin mini din plug CHECK IF GROUND IS REALLY GROUND. Is de ground terminal connected to the device ground. I my case it wasn't no matter what the manual says. It takes me a lot of hours to get things right.Another issue is that sanyo projectors don't like if AMX power or connection has broke down. You must Unplug the projector or start it with the remote control and switch sometimes then everythings fine. I don't say that's your problem but i run into it several times and maybe it's usefull to you.

Good Luck

Thank You for the reply and tips

I solved the problem, I sent a request support e-mail to Primare Company Service.
    They reply to make an upgrade firmware of DVD because in first release of it the RS232 commands wasn't correct!
    Now the RS232 is ok!
  • Options
    giacomogiacomo Posts: 11
    Solution!

Thank You for the reply and tips

I solved the problem, I sent an request support e-mail to Primare Company Service.
    They reply to make an upgrade firmware of DVD because in first release of it the RS232 commands wasn't correct!
    Now the RS232 is ok!