Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

TPI/4 in Passthrough Mode to a PC

This is the first time I'm trying this - I've got an Elo touchpanel connected to a TPI/4, with 2 RGB cards. The client wants fingertouches to mimic the mouse, and also kbd/mouse to operate on the PC when the user wants more than just a few clicks. The pcs are running apps (security vid) that don't work well over VNC

Each RGB card has a dfft PC connected via USB and VGA, then I've got a USB kbd/mouse at the Elo as a console. I'm assuming if I do ^KPS and ^MPS and it's all passed through.

First of all, are there any unobvious tricks/hazards I could learn from others' experience?

Can I even do this? With G4CC/VNC, I have a overlay page to pick click/double-click/move mode on fingertouches. How do I do this on passthrough, where I'm assuming the G4 UI/program steps aside and ignores all input (passing through to pc)?

Similarly, how do you typically disable passthrough mode (if finger touches and mouse/kbd bypasses G4)?

-Bill

Comments

• youstrayoustra Posts: 135
    OK - for anyone trying to do this down the road, the answer is: it just works. The touches are captured by G4 AND the PC. If you're doing 1280 x 1024, you have some available real estate at the bottom of the screen for a few buttons to navigate out of the PC page. Or you could overlay in a moveable G4 popup.

I haven't gotten a USB kbd/mouse to work; only PS/2 (plugged into TPI/4). Anyone have a different experience?
  • youstrayoustra Posts: 135
    TPI/4 Running Slow - Will More RAM Help?

I just ported a tricked-out Modero TP design to a TPI/4 and page transitions are noticeably less responsive...so much so that I'll probably have to whack them.

The client loves the design, though. I guess I shouldn't have shown it before testing it on the older TPs.

Does bumping up RAM help this, or is it just that the TPI/4 has an older processor than Modero?

I saw somewhere that more RAM is required for dynamic images of a certain size. Any other benefits or scenarios besides the obvious?