Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Multi State Button on a TP Panel and Lutron

I am working with the Lutron Module and trying to improve the interface from the TP3 (upgraded to TP4) panel in the module. I am trying to use a multi-state button to show the status of the Security Mode. (Stop, Record, Disable) Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on how to do this or why I should use a more conventional method.

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I tried only briefly to get multi-state buttons to do what I wanted, and when they didn't behave as expected, I gave up and switched to multi-state bargraphs (which is misleading, they need not be bargraphs at all). With the bargraphs you use a simple SEND_LEVEL to set the state. I haven't played around with it since, having found something that works.

As I understand it (and my understanding may be flawed because I haven't experimented or messed around since I found a solution that works for me), is that you use the bargraph type if you want/need to display feedback for various conditions or values. The multi-state button is pretty much still just on-off, and the other states are transitional for display purposes - fades, animations, moving images, etc.
  • Options
    If you mostly just need to change the text, and can get away with two "appearance" states, (colors & such) then you really can't go wrong with assigning a variable text channel and using one of the variations of of the text SEND_COMMANDs... I do this to change the off state of audioconference buttons between "Pick Up" and "Dial" depending on whether the user has punched any numbers into the display or not. (Or cleared any pre-existing numbers for that matter)

- Chip
  • Options
    Multi-state button, selecting states

I believe you can select any state of a multi-state button using the following:
       "'^ANI-<variable text address range>,<start state>,<end state>,<time>'" 
          Run a button animation. Time is in 1/10 seconds and is optional. 
            0 for state means current state. 

Syntax: 
                    SEND_COMMAND <DEV>,"'^ANI-<vt addr range>,<start state>,
                                                       <end state>,<time>'" 

Variables: 
                    variable text address range = 1 - 4000. 
                    start state = Beginning of button state (0 = current state). 
                    end state = End of button state. 
                    time = In 1/10 second intervals. 

Example: 
                    SEND_COMMAND Panel,"'^ANI-500,1,1,0'" 
                    Sends button with text address 500 to state 1. 

Example: 
                    SEND_COMMAND Panel,"'^ANI-25,2,2,0'" 
                    Sends button with text address 25 to state 2.