Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Feedback from Vantage

Hi every boby

I'm programming my first Vanatage controled by itself and AMX system.

My problem is, the feedback send by MC on RS232 is a " Regular response " I would like to know if there exist a command to force the MC to send a detailed response.

In my Vantage system, I have a load controled by timed programmed event and i would like to control this load by AMX control too. I need to get the feedback to know when the timed programmed is on or off. unfortunately I don't know if detailed response exist by default.

I need this info for other loads too, some load in this system are controled by a "Good night" button and the AMX system have to know their status to put the flags in the good way

Thanks for any clues

Comments

• Options
    Vantage Feedback

Perhaps your Vantage lighting programmer can provide a phantom keypad which you can monitor. The status LED on the phantom can mirror the state of the load you wish to monitor.

The Vantage system can send a data string to AMX when any LED changes on a specific keypad, but you must send a command string to turn this feature on.

You can set up a Data_Event to parse the return string. Reference the Vantage protocol manual for details.
  • Options
    DenisDenis Posts: 163
    Vantage feedback

Tanks B Clement

I found in Vantage Master properties a setting box for RS232 and we can get report send by Vantage master itself without to ask by a specific command from AMX program

The master send a feedback for any event on load change or led keypad change, we have to specified what we need.

Regards