Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Help With Aprilaire Thermostat

Greetings,

I am using the Aprilaire version of the Viewstat in a system for the first time. I am unable to establish communication using the 422 module.

The thermostat is connected to a serial port of an Axcent 3 Pro on the Axlink Bus of an NI-2000.

Because it's the Aprilaire version, is there anything special that has to be done above and beyond what is described in the Viewstat manual? I set the comm speed to 9600, address to 1 and number of stats to 1.

Thank you.

DEFINE_DEVICE
dvSTAT_1FL = 25:1:0
vdvSTAT_1FL = 33231:1:0

DEFINE_MODULE 'Viewstat422_Comm' myVWSTAT(dvSTAT_1FL,vdvSTAT_1FL)

DATA_EVENT[dvSTAT_1FL]
{
ONLINE:
{
SEND_COMMAND dvSTAT_1FL, 'SET BAUD 9600,N,8,1,485 DISABLE'
}
}

DATA_EVENT[vdvSTAT_1FL]
{
ONLINE:
{
SEND_COMMAND vdvSTAT_1FL, "'SCALE=F'"
SEND_COMMAND vdvSTAT_1FL, "'ZONE_COUNT=1'"
SEND_COMMAND vdvSTAT_1FL, "'VDV_ONLINE=1'"
}
}

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    DATA_EVENT[dvSTAT_1FL]
    {
    ONLINE:
    {
    }
    }

Try commenting out the above portion and see if it works. Also, double check the pins you are using. I don't recall having to set the comm port manually as I believe the comm module does this. Also, make sure you have the most recent version of the module as I saw that they updated the module to work with Axcent Comm port addresses.... or atleast I saw Axcent and Comm Ports in the message :)

Jeff
  • Options
    banobano Posts: 173
    Tstat
    Greetings,

I am using the Aprilaire version of the Viewstat in a system for the first time. I am unable to establish communication using the 422 module.

The thermostat is connected to a serial port of an Axcent 3 Pro on the Axlink Bus of an NI-2000.

Because it's the Aprilaire version, is there anything special that has to be done above and beyond what is described in the Viewstat manual? I set the comm speed to 9600, address to 1 and number of stats to 1.

Thank you.

DEFINE_DEVICE
    dvSTAT_1FL = 25:1:0
    vdvSTAT_1FL = 33231:1:0

DATA_EVENT[dvSTAT_1FL]
    {
    ONLINE:
    {
    }
    }

DATA_EVENT[vdvSTAT_1FL]
    {
    ONLINE:
    {
    SEND_COMMAND vdvSTAT_1FL, "'SCALE=F'"
    SEND_COMMAND vdvSTAT_1FL, "'ZONE_COUNT=1'"
    SEND_COMMAND vdvSTAT_1FL, "'VDV_ONLINE=1'"
    }
    }

I've attached a system install manual from aprilaire. You may find this helpfull.

Good Luck
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Thank you for your suggestion. I first tried it without the SET BAUD command. The presence of the command makes no difference.

Interpreter Ref Error ^TSTATHORT Index 0

The above message is present in the log a bunch of times at Netlinx reboot.

The Viewstat manual shows a ground wire from the REF terminal on the stat to Pin 5 of the AMX serial port. Is this wire really necessary? RS-422 uses balanced pairs.

I will double check the wiring tomorrow.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Thank you for your suggestion. I first tried it without the SET BAUD command. The presence of the command makes no difference.

Interpreter Ref Error ^TSTATHORT Index 0

The above message is present in the log a bunch of times at Netlinx reboot.

The Viewstat manual shows a ground wire from the REF terminal on the stat to Pin 5 of the AMX serial port. Is this wire really necessary? RS-422 uses balanced pairs.

I will double check the wiring tomorrow.
    Is that a variable in your code or in the Viewstat module? The interpreter error is a code bug, not a communications bug. Something is trying to reference an array with a null index, which is causing a runtime error.
  • Options
    DHawthorne wrote:
    Is that a variable in your code or in the Viewstat module? The interpreter error is a code bug, not a communications bug. Something is trying to reference an array with a null index, which is causing a runtime error.

There is no such variable in my code. (TSTATHORT)
  • Options
    pauldpauld Posts: 106

Are you using the latest version of this module? If so i would check the revision history on page 2.

V3.1 ? ...PLEASE NOTE! The order of the comm. module parameters have changed from (physical, virtual) to (virtual, physical)!!!!
  • Options
    pauld wrote:
    Are you using the latest version of this module? If so i would check the revision history on page 2.

Good call there buddy! That was the problem!

Up and running now. I guess I should RTFM!