Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

New NI firmware released today.

Check out the new NIxxxx firmware release today, 2/1/06.

Both Duet and non-Duet Master and NIxxxx device updates.

Some interesting new features. You may want to bench test before upgrading your customer systems.

This does not include the NXC-ME260, NXC-ME260/64 or NI700.

Comments

• Options
    Wonder why the non-duet firmware has 'duet' improvements.

Kevin D.
  • Options
    I just updated my home system Duet firmware to the one released on 2/1/06. Since I have a G3 panel on my system, I liked the fact that now you can see a G3 link under web control when you have G3 html files loaded to you Netlinx Master. The increased AMX link speed from 100kps to 400kps is also a welcome addition.

My question: Do I need to load the DEVICE firmware as well?
    SW2105_D_NI_x000_v1_11_136.kit

I tried a couple times to load it like the Duet Master firmware, but I always get an error message: "Transport Aborted - Firmware ID is invalid".

Do I need the device firmware loaded, even though I loaded the Duet one? Is this the update for the NI-X000 v1.00.118 hardware firmware? How can I load it if I need it?

Thanks!
  • Options
    banobano Posts: 173
    I just updated my home system Duet firmware to the one released on 2/1/06. Since I have a G3 panel on my system, I liked the fact that now you can see a G3 link under web control when you have G3 html files loaded to you Netlinx Master. The increased AMX link speed from 100kps to 400kps is also a welcome addition.

I tried a couple times to load it like the Duet Master firmware, but I always get an error message: "Transport Aborted - Firmware ID is invalid".

Do I need the device firmware loaded, even though I loaded the Duet one? Is this the update for the NI-X000 v1.00.118 hardware firmware? How can I load it if I need it?

Thanks!

To load device firmware, the target device needs to be the NI device address (5001:1:0) not the master address.

Good Luck!
  • Options

Thanks!

Yes, by all means.
    Make sure you specify the correct device number so you don't get the error. It is not the Master, (device 0) but the number of the NI ports.
  • Options
    The new features for the NI board firmware states the following:

Supports data mode for IR ports, this feature provides one-way data communication (0 - 5 VDC levels only)

Is this the infamous 1-way rs232 mode?
  • Options
    I have loaded the SW2105_D_NI_x000_v1_11_136.kit device firmware on 3 NI-3000 and 1 NI-4000 as well as the latest Duet Firmware. I have noticed that the default hardware device ID of 5001 in the NI's is now changed to 32001 after the firmware update. Any reason for that?

Thanks!
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Same here
    I have noticed that the default hardware device ID of 5001 in the NI's is now changed to 32001 after the firmware update
    That happened to me too; I thought I did something wrong. I changed it back to 5001 and it worked just fine.
  • Options
    dchristodchristo Posts: 177
    The increased AMX link speed from 100kps to 400kps is also a welcome addition.

Could anyone explain this one to me? Is this the speed of inter-master communication?

Thanks,

--D
  • Options
    VLCNCRZRVLCNCRZR Posts: 216
    1-way SERIAL over IR

I am really hoping that this feature is what it sounds like.

I have missed this capability greatly.

There have even been a few projects I have had to use other
    manufacturers for because this was not an option at the time.

It is very handy for lots of different devices.

If anyone has had time to test this, please reply.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Ever plug in an NXC-xxx card for the first time? That's the same base address that they start to self-assign themselves to, before you change them to whatever you have them slotted for in your code.

The ports in the NIs work the same way. By loading in new firmware, you're zeroing out the address, so one gets self-assigned the next time it tries to attach to the ICSNet bus.

- Chip

I have loaded the SW2105_D_NI_x000_v1_11_136.kit device firmware on 3 NI-3000 and 1 NI-4000 as well as the latest Duet Firmware. I have noticed that the default hardware device ID of 5001 in the NI's is now changed to 32001 after the firmware update. Any reason for that?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Duet memory issue
    B_Clements wrote:
    Check out the new NIxxxx firmware release today, 2/1/06.

Both Duet and non-Duet Master and NIxxxx device updates.

Some interesting new features. You may want to bench test before upgrading your customer systems.

This does not include the NXC-ME260, NXC-ME260/64 or NI700.

I have downloaded the 3.12 into our NI-2000 which manages our building. This master has pretty lot to do (runs at about 140 loops thru mainline per second).

With firmware 3.11 everything has worked fine, but after updating to 3.12 trouble starts, beginning with G3 WebControl which will not longer found its applets, Java console error messages ".... out of memory..." and down to several master lockups because of threads pended.

After about 4 hours I found that this was a problem of Duet memory size! :eek:
    With the default 1 MegaByte, all has worked in v3.11. Although we have not implemented any Java based modules, I had to set the Duet memory to 4 MByte and now everything works again... :o
  • Options
    Once again

I hope this is a solid release.