Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

VST Miniverter ICSNet controls?

I have a project with 9 VST thermostats (Miniverter ICSNet version) and 13 Modero panels and I am not sure how to setup my code to control all of them or what is the best way at least.

All 13 Modero panels need to control all 9 thermostats. The current AMX VST ICSNet module can handle all 9 VSTs without a problem, but since it uses Zone variables it can be a problem when more than one panel is accessing the module at the same time. For example, I select zone 1 and another panel zone 2, when I send a command it goes to zone 2 instead of 1, since 2 was the last zone selected.

Should I assign each thermostat to a single port and define 1 UI and 1 Comm per thermostat. Essentialy, I would end up with 9 UI definitions and 9 comm module definitions. Then I would use DEFINE_COMBINE to combine all physical Moderos to a virtual panel per UI, Like this:
DEFINE_COMBINE
//Stat1(Using Port 1 on Tps):
(vTP_STAT1, dvTP_10001,dvTP_10002, ... dvTP_10013)
//Stat2(Using Port 2 on Tps):
(vTP_STAT2, dvTP_10001,dvTP_10002, ... dvTP_10013)
//Stat13(Using Port 13 on Tps):
(vTP_STAT13, dvTP_10001,dvTP_10002, ... dvTP_10013)

Or maybe I shoud creat one UI per Touch Panel and each UI uses the 9 VST zones. Do I need to define 9 comm modules here as weel?

Any help here will be very appreciated. I know that some of you have used the 422/dist board combination, but in my case everything is ICSNet. Next year I have a job with 38 VSTs and probably 30+ Moderos, I just want to start on the right direction. Also, I want to make sure that the Netlinx Processor don't lock up. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ricardo

Comments

• Options
    Standard module supports using one UI for multiple zones.

Currently have running 11 Viewstats with ICSNet on an inherited job, not sure why board was not used.

Another job a master (1) running code with two ICSNet stats into ICSNet ports, then master 2 has a third stat connected. Master 1 code simply refers to stat 3 at 10403:1:2. Works fine.

Would love to hear experience and results for the upcoming job when completed. I suspect those stats will end up being Ethernet.

(Gazes longingly toward the heavens, "802.11g thermostats...Mmmmm...")

Bill
  • Options
    Yes, I taught about the Dist. Board as well. However, the job designer consulted with AMX and they recommended the ICSNet version because it communicates faster. So they have already provided me the 9 ICSNet stats. I know that the standard UI module supports multiple zones, I was just wondering what is the best way to approach the programming side of it, taking in consideration that I have 13 Modero panels that need to control all 9 stats. What would be the best way? One UI per panel or one stat per port?
    The whole idea is to prevent conflict when all panels are accessing the same UI. In other words, I would like to have each panel controlling the 9 stats independently. In Addition, I wonder what is the most efficient way to handle this. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ricardo
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    The way I have handled HVAC integration with multiple panels is to handle it within the processor. First, I track if the HVAC Control Page/popup is active on each panel. I also track which zone or thermostat each panel is currently controlling. I then send feedback only to touchpanels that are currently viewing the control that apply to the thermostat providing the feedback. I track the current state of all thermostats in variables so that when a touochpanel switches to a specific thermostat, the most recent info is sent to the touchpanel before the page flip or popup (if possible). This approach allows me to use 1 page or popup for all thermostats and also reduces the amount of unnecessary data being pushed to the touchpanels. I also like to put an overview type page in that displays the limited info about all thermostats at a glance (like current temp and current mode).

Keep in mind, this is the approach I used with the 422 interface using the netlinx module for Aprilaire (viewstat) devices. I am just now starting to look at the new java module and so far it looks like I'll be able to do the same thing with less code work on my end do to the way the new module handles feedback.

Hope this helps,
    Jeff