Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Keypad output on a G3 panel

Does anyone recall how the output of a built-in G3 keypad reports? I can't seem to find it in any of the documentation. I'm using a Keypad button to display the built-in keypad popup, and I want to use the number entered as a channel selection. I do this all the time with G4's - they send a string out with the name of the keypad display button suffixed with the number entered. I am hoping a G3 is similar, but I can't find a reference.

Comments

• Options
    HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    Looks like 'KEYP-' with the entered number appended is what comes back from the panel. Same thing as G4.

Harold
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584

The difference with G4 is that you can name the prefix by renaming the button. I'll give it a try ... sure wish I actually had a panel to test, I hate programming this stuff blind to find out on site it doesn't work the way I thought.
  • Options
    Will this work?
    DHawthorne wrote:

The difference with G4 is that you can name the prefix by renaming the button. I'll give it a try ... sure wish I actually had a panel to test, I hate programming this stuff blind to find out on site it doesn't work the way I thought.

You can always save your G3 panel as HTML and test as a virtual panel in a Web browser.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    B_Clements wrote:
    You can always save your G3 panel as HTML and test as a virtual panel in a Web browser.

Yeah, I actually thought of that of that after I posted ... heh, and after I ripped my shop apart looking for a panel. :)