Home AMX User Forum AMX RPM Forum

How do I get access to RPM?

I am new to AMX and we have allot of legacy systems with issues. I was told to use Netlinx studio and I am taking all the training for that. But along the way I was told about RPM. This might be a solution for some of my problems.

But after searching for RPM on the site I only found PDF documents. Also I have the AMX-WebUpdateSetup Zip and it is not in that. How do I get access to this tool?

Comments

• I did just find this... in another post so I think I answered my own questions.

RPM access will now be managed using your AMX.com username and password login credentials. The URL rpm.amx.com will now forward you to the new AMX Services portal.

• If you are already logged into AMX.com you will see an “Access RPM” button on the Services portal main page under the RPM section. Clicking this button will launch the RPM application
    • If you do not have an AMX.com account, please create one in the AMX Account Center
    • Once your AMX.com account is created, you will be able to access the RPM application
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177

Just so you know - RPM is meant to be a development tool for those who do not wish to program a system by themselves. While RPM uses the built-in Netlinx solution to create working programs, you must also remember that you cannot go in and tweak same-said program. You must do everything from within RPM. You can use Netlinx Studio as a troubleshooting assistant to see what the hardware is doing and so forth.

I don't know how many times I've had discussions with folks who used RPM thinking it was a way to just get a base code started that they could then go in and modify later by tweaking the code themselves. There is a lot of misinformation floating around.

RPM is best used in very "standard" systems that don't ask for any customization. It has been my experience that almost all the systems I've working on seem to eventually require some kind of customization that cannot be performed in RPM.