Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Modero PowerPack Cant be charged! HELP

I am using NXT-CV7 with its power pack (NXT-BP) and base (NXA-BASE/1), and it is said in the manual of the power pack that it can be charged if is used together, but in my case, the power pack is no power at all.

need some suggestion, what to do? or the manual is WRONG?

Comments

• Options
    khema wrote:
    I am using NXT-CV7 with its power pack (NXT-BP) and base (NXA-BASE/1), and it is said in the manual of the power pack that it can be charged if is used together, but in my case, the power pack is no power at all.

need some suggestion, what to do? or the manual is WRONG?

What power supply are you using?
    If it'S a PS2.8, it way not have enough "recources" free to operate the panel AND to charge the battery.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I'm not sure I follow the question.

Are you trying to charge a seperate battery pack in the base in addition to the one in the panel, and it's not working? Or is the battery pack in the panel not charging?

There is a protection circuit in the MVP battery packs; I don't know if the CV7 pack has it or not. But the way it works is if the battery drains too much, it shuts the battery pack down, and the only way to reset it is to completely remove it from the panel and the power supply. If left in a panel base, it will never charge, and never reset either. I don't know if that applies at all to your situation ...
  • Options
    more > Modero PowerPack Cant be charged! HELP
    What power supply are you using?
    If it'S a PS2.8, it way not have enough "recources" free to operate the panel AND to charge the battery.

Thanks Marc
    but i'm using an universal power supply @12v. (5.5 amp.) for the panel and the battery. This may a cause. Do I need to buy PS4.4? as said in the manual.

The battery can be fully charged with the universal power supply. (connect directly)

According to the set of accessories of NXT-CV7, the power supply model is PSN4.4 with this specification:
    APPLICATION
    ? DC power for NetLinx systems, MVP-WDS and CV7 Touch Panel
    DC POWER OUTPUT
    ? 13.5 Volts DC, 4.4 Amps
    ? 3.5 mm phoenix-style plug
    ? Switching regulated, overload protected
    AC POWER INPUT
    ? 100-240 VAC
    ? 50-60 Hz
    ENCLOSURE
    ? Molded black matte plastic
    ? international IEC cable socket
    DIMENSIONS (HWD)
    ? 4.6" x 2.3" x 1.5" (117 mm x 58 mm x 35 mm)
    WEIGHT
    ? 1 lb. (0.45 kg)
    PS4.4
    13.5 VDC, 4.4 Power Supply,
    (regulated 110/220 VAC input)
    FG423-44
    PSN4.4
    13.5 VDC, 4.4 Power Supply,
    (regulated 110/220 VAC input)
    FG423-45
    For more information about AMX products and services visit www.amx.com
    11-03
  • Options
    In idle (no battery and/or panel connected), the power should be 13.5VDC. Please check power when panel and/or battery connected. It should not drop under 11 VDC. What I can remember is If voltage drops below a limit (sorry, don't know exact) the battery base will not longer charge the battery but only powering the panel itself.
  • Options
    extra> Modero PowerPack Cant be charged! HELP
    DHawthorne wrote:
    I'm not sure I follow the question.

Are you trying to charge a seperate battery pack in the base in addition to the one in the panel, and it's not working? Or is the battery pack in the panel not charging?

There is a protection circuit in the MVP battery packs; I don't know if the CV7 pack has it or not. But the way it works is if the battery drains too much, it shuts the battery pack down, and the only way to reset it is to completely remove it from the panel and the power supply. If left in a panel base, it will never charge, and never reset either. I don't know if that applies at all to your situation ...

sorry for question of the question! :(

my question is the battery pack in the panel is not charged.

Take the battery out from the panel and out from the base, left it for a day, situation is the same.

what should i do next? need som firmware upgrade? or anything else...

thanks