Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Multiple Duet Modules with Similar Helper Includes

I have a question about using duet modules in Netlinx programming. Specifically, I am trying to use the BSS Gateway and NEC Exx7 display duet modules on the same master. They both have these helper libraries that look like they were built off a template and some of the code overlaps but has been modified quite a bit otherwise.

Is there a way to use these together, separately, or do I need to manually chug through the helper libraries and gather together all the things that are different to make it work? I get errors compiling the code when both are included.

What's the best way you guys use to handle this?

Comments

• Options

If the files are identical there is no issue with referencing a single instance of the file in multiple modules. As these files appear to be different you will need to rename each for the different instances and update the include reference in the calling module file.

I am going to suggest that most folks only take a quick look at the example NetLinx code and implement their own UI interface code.

• Options

Thanks for the help! I had to change the actual filenames of the includes even though they were in different folders on the disk, and I had them named differently in NetLinx Studio. That did the trick.