Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Control of Kramer VS-1001XLM via NI-3100

Hi guys, I’m wondering if anyone can help with controlling this switcher, I cannot get it to respond to any command whatsoever, from looking at the manual, I was assuming it should just respond with a single byte protocol, $05 etc. But it’s not, when monitoring the output from the switcher with the NI-3100 diagnostics, it’s sending back what look like 4 byte commands - “‘A’, $82,$81,$81”etc , the second byte number moves up as you move up the buttons. For this I just have pins 5,2,3 connected, which works with other Kramer devices. I appreciate these haven’t been in use for a good few years, but if anyone can remember something I’ve missed I’d be really grateful, thanks again.

Comments

• Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734

If you let us know what commands you are sending, it could help.
    I reviewed our Kramer protocol and see:
    $1, $81, 0, $82, $81 for input 1 to output 2.
    That's
    $1, (input), 0 (zero), (output), $81
    And the in and outs start at $81 and go up normally.

• Options
    S1monS1mon Posts: 5

Hi John

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I think the issue is I'm not sure what the switcher is expecting to see as there isn't any examples in the user manual, it's a 10input 1output so I don't think it's expecting an output command, I've tried a few different commands, but what is set up currently is:

button_event[dvtp_AVSwitcher,GAMECUBE]
    {
    push:
    {
    send_string dvAVSwitch2,"$05";
    }

}
    button_event[dvtp_AVSwitcher,PS1]
    {
    push:
    {
    send_string dvAVSwitch2,"$01";
    }

}

From the user manual:
    N7 is used for communication between the Slave and the Master only and is always 0 for communication with
    the PC.
    N6N5N4 is the binary value of the Machine we are addressing minus one, e.g., if we wish to address the Master
    (Machine 1 by definition), then N6N5N4 = 000, if we wish to address Machine 6, then N6N5N4 = 101.
    N3N2N1N0 is the binary value of the input to be selected, i.e. N3N2N1N0 = 0111 is equivalent to pressing
    switch 7 on the front panel.
    _

So, 00000111 is the equivalent of pressing 7 on the front panel, but so far I haven't managed to get any commands to work.

• Options
    S1monS1mon Posts: 5

Ok from your post earlier I tried added the 1 in place of the A and it's working! So the command is

send_string dvAVSwitch2,"$01,$84,$81,$81";

I have no idea how you get that from the manual, but glad it's now working, thanks again mate

• Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734

Good for you!
    I don't have the manual anymore, I just looked at the command files we use when VAUX is the device... and passed it your way. G'day!