Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

MD-702 DISABLING GESTURE EVENT

HELLO,
we have a serious problem with MD-702 TP, when touching the screen somewhere it activates the buttons. reading the documentation there is a thing called Gesture that must be disabled.
please any ideas?

Comments

• We need more information before being able to assist you. A button press is one thing. A Gesture is a different thing. Is a page-flip occurring from the action or is it causing code to execute and trigger an outcome? If code is executing, you have logic code built to handle the event. I would start there.

If there is a page flip occuring, you could move that flip to code and more accurately react to the trigger event.

Are you experiencing phantom touches that occur from a hardware problem?

Gesture information comes in as a custom_event and would be a higher level coding concept.

• hello Chris,
    thank you for your reply
    I haven't any gesture event code in my programmation
    about your question "Is a page-flip occurring from the action or is it causing code to execute and trigger an outcome? " the response is both.
    I have made a short video showing the problem, how can I send it to you?
    thanx again

• For something like this that is potentially a hardware related issue, you are advised to first engage AMX Technical support to further troubleshoot the issue to identify a root cause and potential remedies. Once a support ticket is opened, you can share your video and they can attach it to the ticket for other engineers to review if needed.

• thank you