Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Varia: longer possible to download the tp5 file from the touch panel?

When trying to download the tp5 file, I always get a timeout error message.

TP Design 5, 1.5.0.111 (Support File Version 1.5.68)
Varia FW v1.11.7

Best Answer

• Options
    HARMAN_RobHARMAN_Rob Posts: 230
    Answer ✓

Regarding the ability to "Receive TP5 File from Panel," this is known and being added in. It will be available in an upcoming firmware release.

Answers

• Options

Downloading a new Varia TP5 file worked for me as expexted.
    What will not work by design is to load a Modero based TP5 file to a Varia by filter "panel with like resolution"

• Loading a Varia type tp5 file to a Modero will transfer, but the Modero panel only shows black screen
    • Loading a Modero type tp5 file to a Varia will transfer, but the Varia panel comes then back with the default design.

Not confirmed yet, but seems it is not possible get the default panel design from a Varia.

• Options
    RedingReding Posts: 9

Thanks for this informations.

Maybe I chose the wrong word. I cannot "Receive from Panel" a tp5 file.
    Neither the default demo file nor the file designed and sent by me.

Loading (or "Send to Panel") is working fine.

• Options

Haven't tested yet to receive a custom tp5 file from the Varia... don't have a unit on hand at the moment.

• Options

@Marc Scheibein said:
    Downloading a new Varia TP5 file worked for me as expexted.
    What will not work by design is to load a Modero based TP5 file to a Varia by filter "panel with like resolution"

• Loading a Varia type tp5 file to a Modero will transfer, but the Modero panel only shows black screen
    • Loading a Modero type tp5 file to a Varia will transfer, but the Varia panel comes then back with the default design.

Not confirmed yet, but seems it is not possible get the default panel design from a Varia.

Do you know if there will be a conversion utility, at least from Modero to Varia? Like the TP4 to TP5 converter. Starting over with each panel design does not sound like fun :/

• Options

@richardherman Varia runs G5. No conversion needed. New resolution, but not a different file type.

• Options

@richardherman
    I could just save a MT-1002|MT-702|MX-1001 tp5 file (with a resolution of 1280x800) as a Varia-SL80 (same resolution of 1280x800) via save as a different panel type and it works great without any scaling options.

Good to know: you need to install the latest G5SupportFiles-1_5_68.exe first.

• Options

@HARMAN_Chris said:
    @richardherman Varia runs G5. No conversion needed. New resolution, but not a different file type.

The TP5 file must be "converted" (save as different panel type) from a Modero to a (matching in resolution) Varia panel type, also also on the other way Varia to Modero, otherwise you get the effects I mentioned above.

• Options

@HARMAN_Chris
    Thank you for the information.

• Options

@Marc Scheibein said:

@HARMAN_Chris said:

The TP5 file must be "converted" (save as different panel type) from a Modero to a (matching in resolution) Varia panel type, also also on the other way Varia to Modero, otherwise you get the effects I mentioned above.

Ah, That's easy enough.