Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

NX-4200 has an unknown error

When I use the device, I need to use ICSlan, connect MD-1002, after a while. Communication over ICSLAN connections fails.Communication over ICSLAN connection will not succeed until the device is rebooted. But the problem will still appear, I tried to change other programs, change the system version (1.4.90, 1.5.78), and the result is the same.

Comments

• Options

does SHOW LOG ALL give any hint? or maybe the Audit Logs for long term logging?

When ICSLAN stopps working, will you still get valid data by terminal command GET ICSLAN?

Because it is a NX4200, maybe the internal 4-port switch has a problem. Or the SOM board itself, as it hosts the ethernet cards.

• Options
    dongjindongjin Posts: 12

How do I do this. The NX-4200 has been replaced, so the settings are all default. I also did a factory reset.Now it's a brand new device, just upload a simple program, and after the touch screen is pressed, the indicator flashes

• Options

connect to the NX4200 by telnet.
    In telnet, call
    GET IP
    GET ICSLAN
    SHOW LOG ALL

For the Audit logs, connect a regular USB memory stick to the front of the NX, and then in telnet call
    EXPORT AUDIT TO USB FRONT
    A folder named "Audit" will be created, and the up to 30 audit files will be saved there.

• Options

No direct solution, but:

• if 1.5.78 is the firmware version for the NX-4200 it is old. Probably better to update
    • you are sure there isn't another device in the system with the same D:P:S as the touchpanel? If the touchpanel is still on it's factory default dynamic D:P:S (32000 something) please set it to a static one like 10001, this can cause weird behaviour.
  • Options

When ICSLAN stopps working, I CAN'T GET VALID DATA WITH THE TERMINAL COMMAND GET ICSLAN.
    get ip Information can be displayed
    get icslan show 0.0.0.0
    Now the firmware version is 1.6.179.
    I need to try again.

• Options

The result is the same, the problem is not solved.
    When ICSLAN stopps working,

EXPORT AUDIT TO USB FRONT

No device plugged in on the front port, abort!

log.txt 123.6K
  • Options

Sometimes it happens that a stick is not detected, though it works fine at a PC. Try another one, or try to quickformat the one not working.

The ICSLAN Master IPv4 is shown as 0.0.0.1 ... this I think will not work properly.
    Default is:
    range 198.18.x.x
    subnet 255.255.0.0
    master 198.18.0.1
    gateway 198.18.0.1
    dhcp enabled.
    DHCP range 198.18.0.2 .. 198.18.63.254
    static range is up from 198.18.64.1, with exceptions (198.18.130.x and 198.18.134.x, for Autosetup of DXLink TX and RX in a DVX and DGX environment)

I would set the ICSLAN to a valid range, or even to its default.
    Terminal command is SET ICSLAN
    It only allows you to set the IP range (first 2 octets, which are default 198.18), and if you want to enable or disable the dhcp on the ICSLAN network. The subnet always is 255.255.0.0, this can't be changed. The master always has the IP x.x.0.1, and when dhcp will be disabled, the dhcp range (see above) could also be used for static IPs.

Worst case, I would do a RESET FACTORY, to get the NX back to its overall default settings, and configure the NX and load the program from scratch.

Note: on a DVX and a DGX, the ICSLAN IP range can't be changed at all, only the dhcp could be disabled, but makes no sense because this also may make the Autosetup disfunctional.