Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Error: Symbol already defined in current scope

Hi all,

I've got this error:
ERROR: C10220: Symbol [THLVLCHANNELS] already defined in current scope

DEFINE_VARIABLE
sinteger ThLvlChannels[] = {0,0,0,0,0,0}//MixLvl, SourceLvl, Mic1Lvl, Mic2Lvl, Mic3Lvl, Mic4Lvl
sinteger ThLvlRanges[][] = {{0,100}, {-100, 0}, {-100, 0}, {-100,0}, {-100,0}, {-100,0}}//MixRange, SourceRange, Mic1Range, Mic2Range, Mic3Range, Mic4Range
integer ThMuteChannels[] = {0,0,0,0,0,0}//MixMute, SourceMute, Mic1Mute, Mic2Mute, Mic3Mute, Mic4Mute

sinteger CanteenLvlChannels[] = {0,0,0,0,0,0}//MixLvl, SourceLvl, Mic1Lvl, Mic2Lvl, Mic3Lvl, Mic4Lvl
sinteger CanteenLvlRanges[][] = {{0,100}, {-100, 0}, {-100, 0}, {-100,0}, {-100,0}, {-100,0}}//MixRange, SourceRange, Mic1Range, Mic2Range, Mic3Range, Mic4Range
integer CanteenMuteChannels[] = {0,0,0,0,0,0}//MixMute, SourceMute, Mic1Mute, Mic2Mute, Mic3Mute, Mic4Mute

This is in include file, but it's not defined anywhere else. If I comment out sinteger ThLvlChannels[] it's throwing an error that ThLvlRanges[][] is already defined.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_ChrisHARMAN_Chris Posts: 598

As a test, I created a new include within a project I was working on. The only code in here is what you provided above and it compiles without error. If I comment out the ThLvlChannels declaration, it also compiles without error.

If you search for find in files, is there another older (unused) declaration within the workspace scope? Is this still errantly defined as an include to the workspace?

• Options

in addition to Chris' suggestions, maybe an include is called in code and existing in the working folder of your main file, but not linked into the workspace, which contains that variable.

Or an include may be in the shared folder for includes (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\AMXShare\AXIs) which contains that variable.

• Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    edited July 2023

Two similar variable names for the same ThLv series both flagging duplicates sure sounds like a define oversight. No joy using "FIND IN FILES"? If you ultimately can't locate any other use of the variable name, what's stopping you from using a new variable name and let these go?

• Options

@John Nagy said:
    Two similar variable names for the same ThLv series both flagging duplicates sure sounds like a define oversight. No joy using "FIND IN FILES"? If you ultimately can't locate any other use of the variable name, what's stopping you from using a new variable name and let these go?

You are right.. it also could be that simple :D