Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

DVX3250HD Not recognizing VIDOUT_MUTE commands

I have checked the code and it's working on other boxes, but this switcher will just not recognize the VIDOUT_MUTE commands. VIDOUT_ON works as a bandaid, as it just drops the signal and I can set the projector it's connected to with a black screen on signal loss, but I don't understand why it wouldn't recognize the VIDOUT_MUTE command. Firmware is up-to-date. What are some things I can check because I'd rather mute than kill the output.

Comments

• Options

Do you have connected a DX-RX on the affected output? I don't have a DVX-x2xx on hand, but the Mute may have to be set on the DX-RX (Port 6), instead on the DVX, while VIDOUT_ON- simply cuts video output right before it gets out to the DXLink.

• Options
    PathVPathV Posts: 4
    edited August 2023

So this particular switcher is connected from the dxlink port 1 directly to the projector via ethernet cable (outputs 1 and 3 to projector left and right respectively.) Currently, not only does VIDOUT_MUTE not work, but even pressing video mute on the front panel IO does not blank the projectors. Every other output (PC Monitors in 2,4 mirroring 1,3) blanks properly. There is no DXRX in the signal chain. Video and control pass fine, just not the mute command. VIDOUT_ON-DISABLE works as expected, however.

• Options

What happens if you ask ?VIDOUT_MUTE to the affected ports? does the device 'thinks' it mutes/unmutes?
    Anything in notification/diagnostics if you enable output for those specific ports?
    You seem to be using the HDBaseT compatibility of the outputs, which I don't think is officially supported. It could be that some things don't work properly when used this way.

• Options

At least in the web interface for the switch it's showing that it's muting and unmuting with no change in actual outputs, but I'd bet your right as that's basically what we're doing. A tech far better than me who is no longer here got it set up and it's something I haven't really touched much yet.

• Options

You could send the projector(s) their own 'mute' command. That's usually better, most projectors lower the lamp output when muted and a few even apply a shutter. No idea if that's an option for you.

• Options

As the DXLink/HDBT and HDMI are shared on the DVX-3250... Is the scaler set to auto, manual orde bypass? If in bypass, the Video DSP, which is doing scaling, Mute, "no Signal" screen handling, etc is bypassed and so can't do the Mute. Maybe the "Video Off" is a simple "switch off" behind the DSP.

• Options

@richardherman said:
    You could send the projector(s) their own 'mute' command. That's usually better, most projectors lower the lamp output when muted and a few even apply a shutter. No idea if that's an option for you.

As mentioned above, I'm working with some legacy code currently I'm working to understand, and we run different equipment in different locations, so I'm trying to write something that works at the switch because that's the most consistent piece of equipment. A mute/shutter command to the projector is a solution I'm looking at though.

@Marc Scheibein said:
    As the DXLink/HDBT and HDMI are shared on the DVX-3250... Is the scaler set to auto, manual orde bypass? If in bypass, the Video DSP, which is doing scaling, Mute, "no Signal" screen handling, etc is bypassed and so can't do the Mute. Maybe the "Video Off" is a simple "switch off" behind the DSP.

I'll check on that, but I'm not sure. Currently the thinking is to write/find a new module to allow more direct projector control for mute/shutter access.