Home AMX User Forum Duet/Cafe Duet
Options

Duet module error

On boot, I'm watching the processor in Telnet. The module starts initializing, then I get a message that says:

DeviceInfo DeviceID string too long.

I tried shortening the device name for both virtual and physical devices in the module, but this didn't help. What could this be referring to? I'm getting this for multiple modules. I commented out all but one just to verify this is the issue.

Comments

• Options
    richardhermanrichardherman Posts: 389
    edited August 2023

I know you said multiple modules, but what type? Selfmade, AMX NetLinx, AMX Duet or AMX .XDD? in what processor (NI/NX) with what firmware?

My guess is that some (composite) string identifying the module is too long for Telnet (also Diagnostics) too display and you can safely ignore this. What makes me doubt this a bit is that I think the maximum length that telnet/diagnostics can display in one line is something like 250 characters which seems long for a module identifier.

I'm sure Harman support will jump in to clarify this.

edit: Oh, just read the title... :o , so Duet. NI/NX and firmware is still nice to know...

• Options

It's an NX-2200. Not sure of the firmware, but it's only about a year old.

• Options

Does the program work as expected, despite the error message you're seeing?

You said you commented out all modules but one, but I assume there is more code in the program them just the module definitions. Are you sure it's the module itself giving this error?
    As a simple test, have you tried putting in just 3 lines, something like:

DEFINE_DEVICE
    dvModule   = 0:3:0
    vdvModule = 41001:1:0

DEFINE_START
    DEFINE_MODULE 'moduleName' mMod1(vdvProjector,dvProjector)

And see if you get the same error message?

• Options

Yes, if I just define the devices and module in an empty program, I get the same message on startup.

• Options

This happens with both the NX-2200 on site and the NI-3100 I use for testing.

• Options

But does the program work as expected?
    Could you give one of the module names that generate that error?

• Options

As it happens with any module, it must be a general issue. I can't remember that I would have seen such message... What module did you taken for test?

• Options

@deustri86 said:
    On boot, I'm watching the processor in Telnet. The module starts initializing, then I get a message that says:

DeviceInfo DeviceID string too long.

I tried shortening the device name for both virtual and physical devices in the module, but this didn't help. What could this be referring to? I'm getting this for multiple modules. I commented out all but one just to verify this is the issue.

Its nothing to worry about. For whatever reason deep in the SDK there are some hard limits set as constants for the length of strings read in from the Manifest. There are a number of modules (Samsung mostly) where the list of supported models far exceeds that "limit". It won't have any effect on the module running - just an annoying message.

• Options

Thank you. Both modules are for Sharp displays, which we don't usually use, so I wasn't used to seeing this message. It didn't seem to be affecting anything, but I wanted to make sure it wouldn't cause issues down the line.