Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules
Options

Sennheiser TeamConnect Ceiling 2 Duet Module not working

Good morning,
I'm currently having an issue with the Duet Module in the title. I'm currently trying to control 2 of these microphones, but while activating the module it gives out this error:

com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.UnrecognizedPropertyException: Unrecognized field "osc" (class com.amx.duet.impl.sennheiser.teamConnect.Ceiling2.dr1_0_0.params.AudioExclusionZoneParam), not marked as ignorable (one known property: "audio"])
Memory Available = 424583168 <98304>
at [Source: {"osc":{"state":{"subscribe":[{"audio":{"exclusion_zone":{"elevation":{"1":null}}}}]}}}
; line: 1, column: 9] (through reference chain: com.amx.duet.impl.sennheiser.teamConnect.Ceiling2.dr1_0_0.params.AudioExclusionZoneParam["osc"])
$09at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.UnrecognizedPropertyException.from(UnrecognizedPropertyException.java:62)
$09at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.DeserializationContext.handleUnknownProperty(DeserializationContext.java:849)
$09at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.StdDeserializer.handleUnknownProperty(StdDeserializer.java:1093)
$09at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializerBase.handleUnknownProperty(BeanDeserializerBase.java:1525)
$09at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializerBase.handleUnknownVanilla(BeanDeserializerBase.java:1500)
$09at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer.vanillaDeserialize(BeanDeserializer.java:297)
$09at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer.deserialize(BeanDeserializer.java:155)
$09at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._readMapAndClose(ObjectMapper.java:3875)
$09at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper.readValue(ObjectMapper.java:2919)
$09at com.amx.duet.impl.sennheiser.teamConnect.Ceiling2.dr1_0_0.Response.processVerticalExclusionValue(Response.java:785)
$09at com.amx.duet.impl.sennheiser.teamConnect.Ceiling2.dr1_0_0.Response.parseResponse(Response.java:254)
$09at com.amx.duet.impl.sennheiser.teamConnect.Ceiling2.dr1_0_0.SennheiserTeamConnect.parseResponse(SennheiserTeamConnect.java:581)
$09at com.amx.duet.impl.sennheiser.teamConnect.Ceiling2.dr1_0_0.SennheiserTeamConnect.handleIncomingData(SennheiserTeamConnect.java:527)
$09at com.amx.itgCommon.moduleCommon.commManager.CommManager.handleReceive(CommManager.java:1245)
$09at com.amx.itgCommon.moduleCommon.networkUtils.udp.UDPSocketConnection.run(UDPSocketConnection.java:479)

Does anyone know how to fix or bypass this? Note that the module is not being activated nor the virtual devices created. I'm using an NX-2200 central processor with Master firmware 1.6.179 and Device firmware 1.1.48.

Thank you for your help

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_ChrisHARMAN_Chris Posts: 598
    edited September 2023

Have you engaged AMX technical support on this topic? My initial questions would be:
    1) Did you enable DEBUG-4 prior to capturing this log?
    2) Does the module initialize and show channel 252?
    3) Are you able to control the device, but this error occurs during the controller boot sequence?
    4) What is the firmware version of the speaker?
    5) Did you test the included demo project with the device, or have you incorporated this into your project code and are now seeing the error?

• Options
    Marc ScheibeinMarc Scheibein Posts: 811
    edited September 2023

Most of the new Duet Modules seems require NX firmware 1.6.201 or higher.
    https://help.harmanpro.com/nx-master
    Unfortunately only 1.6.205 is online in helpcenter - this version breaks the DGX100 Switcher pages. On regular NX controllers and DVX it works fine.

• Options

Before engaging with the tech team I wanted to see if anyone else has had this error and if it may depend on something external to the Duet Module.

@HARMAN_Chris said:
    Have you engaged AMX technical support on this topic? My initial questions would be:
    1) Did you enable DEBUG-4 prior to capturing this log?
    2) Does the module initialize and show channel 252?
    3) Are you able to control the device, but this error occurs during the controller boot sequence?

For this questions, these errors appear during the boot sequence, so the virtual device linked to the module isn't even instanciated on the controller. Due to this, using DEBUG-4 and checking ch 252 is impossibile and so is device control.

@HARMAN_Chris said:
    4) What is the firmware version of the speaker?
    5) Did you test the included demo project with the device, or have you incorporated this into your project code and are now seeing the error?

4) The microphone FW is the latest 1.8.4
    5) This error occours even with the demo project loaded on the controller, not only on my code.

I could actually control the device without needing the module, by writing my own code, but that is so time consuming to do properly and I don't have the time to do that.

• Options

@Marc Scheibein said:
    Most of the new Duet Modules seems require NX firmware 1.6.201 or higher.
    https://help.harmanpro.com/nx-master
    Unfortunately only 1.6.205 is online in helpcenter - this version breaks the DGX100 Switcher pages. On regular NX controllers and DVX it works fine.

I've tried this, same result. I guess this is not firmware related

• Options

I think it is the best to contact ITG directly.
    https://developer.amx.com/#!/requestForm

I remember also that I had a similar issue with a module, and it was found that a component within the module was missed.

• Options

@RaffaeleLimatola, I would again encourage you to call into support for further troubleshooting assistance and error logging. In cases where we have a NX firmware dependency and elect not to spin up the module, you should see debug messages pointing to the problem. This does not sound like what you are experiencing.

As a quick test, I loaded the sample project to a DVX running 1.6.201 and the virtual device 41001 did come online. Based on your initial post, it does not sound like the virtual device was coming online so we already have one difference and I think support could help pinpoint this.

• Options

@RaffaeleLimatola You may record the SHOW LOG ALL from terminal, and search for a phrase "timeout waiting for duet". If this message is in the log, it is a general Duet runtime Environment issue. You may try to clear anything from the master, by terminal command "clean disk -f -duet". the -duet will delete all duet depended files that may be left on the master from other modules. After this, load the sample program 1:1.