Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Flip Page on MST-701i Touch Panel from Netlinx Studio Code

Howdy all,

I'm setting up a timed shutdown on a couple of my institutions AMX systems and am wanting to send a page flip command via Netlinx code to an MST-701i touch panel. I've been scouring this forum for the command, but can't seem to find anything. I'm assuming there's a manual somewhere that lists all of these commands, but I can't seem to find that either.

Any points in the right direction are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amina

Comments

• Options

You can find the syntax guide for that product here: https://www.amx.com/en-US/site_elements/configuration-and-programming-guide-modero-s-x-series-g4-touch-panels-hydraport-touch-connection-ports

PDF page 56 describes the PAGE- command for a page flip.

• Options
    akirbyakirby Posts: 9
    edited September 2023

Ah, yes I just found that guide right after making my last post- thank you!

One other issue- I seem to be able to use the PAGE- command successfully via Netlinx Studio under Diagnostics -> Control a device; however it doesn't seem to work after putting it into the Netlinx code. Here's how it looks in the DEFINE_PROGRAM portion of my code:

DEFINE_PROGRAM
    if(!startUp)
    {
    WAIT 100
    shutdownRoutine()
    SEND_COMMAND devPanel,"'PAGE-Splash'"
    startUp = TRUE
    }

Is there something else I'm missing?

• Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908

What your want is this:

DEFINE_PROGRAM
    if(!startUp)
    {
      WAIT 100
      {
        shutdownRoutine()
        SEND_COMMAND devPanel,"'PAGE-Splash'"
        startUp = TRUE
      }
    }

You need to group what you want to be queued, otherwise, only shutdownRoutine() is queued and the other two command are executed the mainline runs, which is far too soon for a touch screen to be online.

• Options

Ah, that did it- thanks! I didn't realize that WAIT will queue one task without brackets but that they need to be added to queue multiple tasks.