Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Zoom control on Poly G7500

So I just found out that I need a little more information.

I have an NX-2200 serially connected to a Poly G7500. All I need to do is monitor whether Zoom is in a call, and be able to hang up the Zoom call . To me this seems like there should be an easy solution. But that apparently is not the case.

From looking into it the Zoom Rest API is geared for IP control, as we are not on the client network, this is not a possibility.

So, is there a way to set up Zoom API control over the serial interface of the Poly G7500. Where is this information?

If not, tell me now so I don't waste any more time.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    HARMAN_ChrisHARMAN_Chris Posts: 598
    edited November 2023

@Feddx - Zoom Room Control are managed via the customer zoom admin console settings. My suggestion would be to check out our Zoom JSON builder found here - https://developer.amx.com/#!/zoomroomjson

There are macro function calls for key events like meeting start and end. If this is all you seek, I would place some form of API call your code can recognize as a trigger into these fields.

AMX initiating a call hang-up is not a possibility under the JSON room controls model. That model is 1-way communication from zoom>IP Device only.

The above approach is different than the API control method. It is my understanding that there can be ONLY 1 room controller in a system and thus you must pick an approach. Extron uses the API control method but cannot use a zoom room controller apk in the same system (to my understanding). We use the ZRC by APK approach and thus choose to stay within that user experience.