Home AMX User Forum Scripting Languages
Options

IP Communications Driver

The first published ITG Extension for the AMX MUSE platform is a collection of Drivers providing a variety of IP Communication Clients.

The initial set of Client Drivers include:
- TCP
- TLS/TCP
- UDP
- SSH
- WS
- WSS

There are both minimal configuration and full configuration options available for all Clients.

Creating a Device as an instance of the selected Driver allows establishing and maintaining a single connection to the host that is accessible simultaneously from any and all scripts running on that MU controller. The same Device API is implemented in all Muse scripting languages (Groovy, Python, JavaScript).

The IP Communication connection configuration is also available for review and editing at the Web configuration dialog for the Device.

Available now at the AMX ITG GitHub page:
https://github.com/amx-itg/muse-driver-amx-ipcomm

Comments

• Options
    sling100sling100 Posts: 123

Does the processor need a specific FW version? Have loaded the jar file, but it doesn't show up in the driver ID drop down list for me to create a driver instance?

• Options

@sling100 said:
    Does the processor need a specific FW version? Have loaded the jar file, but it doesn't show up in the driver ID drop down list for me to create a driver instance?

Hmmm - possibly. There was one SDK change request that was made for routing the received UDP messages but wouldn't think that would be an issue until a UDP device was created. I'm going to have to figure out how to correlate internal dev versions to released public versions and get back with that info.

• Options

@sling100 said:

Quick question - did you upload the jar file on the Extensions page or the Duet module page?

• Options

@HARMAN_icraigie said:

@sling100 said:

Quick question - did you upload the jar file on the Extensions page or the Duet module page?

Duet module page. The only thing I did in the extensions page was enable Duet. Maybe that's where I've gone wrong?

• Options

@HARMAN_icraigie said:

@sling100 said:

That was exactly the issue. if I upload it as an extension in it's own right it works fine and now shows up. Thanks.

As a side note I am slightly disconcerted by the amount of setting up has to be done in the webpage. Will this be automated via a script at some point? Just thinking that swapping a processor out is going to be quite a task whereas before you only needed to upload a .tkn and that was it ...

• Options
    emdx71emdx71 Posts: 43

As a side note I am slightly disconcerted by the amount of setting up has to be done in the webpage. Will this be automated via a script at some point? Just thinking that swapping a processor out is going to be quite a task whereas before you only needed to upload a .tkn and that was it ...

I agree 100%. seems like alot of extra steps to do the same tasks...