Home AMX User Forum Muse Automator
Options

Programming Muse

Is the only way to currenlty program the Muse controllers through VSCode? Is Muse Automator expected any time soon? Other posts seem to indicate a release date of around October 2023. Seems a bit far out from that?

Comments

• Options

The anticipated release date was targeted around the Oct 2023 time frame, but an issue arose with the release candidate and we opted to hold it until it performs the way you deserve it to work. Once released, there will be ongoing feature enhancements, but we want your first impression to be a good one rather than rush something into your hands.

I know it is of no consolation, but I really like the tool in terms of its simplicity to do things that were once complicated in a line-level code environment. I think many long-time AMX users will find it quite handy both for testing, rapid prototyping, and for deployed projects.

• Options
    mfloydmfloyd Posts: 3

Thanks Chris. So currently our optins to program a Muse processor is only VSCode, correct?

• Options

@mfloyd said:
    Thanks Chris. So currently our optins to program a Muse processor is only VSCode, correct?

You can program in the IDE of your choosing but (at the moment) there is only a plugin for VSCode. It is unknown yet if there will be more AMX released plugins to support other IDE's but once all the documentation is released it should be possible for you to write your own.