Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Logging into Enova DVX-3266 Error

Via the Web interface, I am trying to log into an Enova DVX-3266 (Master FW 1.8.183) and I keep getting this message:

Login attempt occurred within login timeout window.

I have soft and hard rebooted the Enova, I have rebooted my PC, opened and closed browsers, several different borwsers, and even tried private and incognito mode.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Marc ScheibeinMarc Scheibein Posts: 812

never saw that before.... maybe too many failed login attempts, and now not allowed to login again for x minutes...? Can you login by telnet with the same credentials (assuming it's the administrator)?

• Options
    feddxfeddx Posts: 175

@Marc Scheibein said:
    never saw that before.... maybe too many failed login attempts, and now not allowed to login again for x minutes...? Can you login by telnet with the same credentials (assuming it's the administrator)?

Response from telnet, administrator account:

"Invalid username and/or password or user account is temporarily locked out.
    Login not authorized. Please try again."

Changed the static IP on my PC, still the same errors.

This is stupid.

• Options

did this happen after updating the master fw? If yes, from what fw did you updated?

There is a change in the internal security database of the NX masters between v1.6 and v1.8, which requires to disable authentication before downgrading from 1.8 to 1.6. Upgrading from .6 to 1.8 should not give that problem, and even up/downgrading within the v1.8 line shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe for whatever reason the user database got damaged, and even the admin account lost the password.
    Worst case a factory reset may be required, in this case by using the ID button (left of the LAN port).

While the manual tells about LED blink pattern and 10 seconds, I found that his is little more trickier.
    If I need to do, I do it this way:

• Remove power (DVX: turn off power)
    • Push and hold the ID button
    • Connect power (DVX: turn on power)
    • I counted to 15, then release ID
    • The NX now should reboot few seconds later, and should come back with factory reset (DHCP, empty program, and also default admin password)

If not working on first attempt, try again with holding the button a few seconds longer

• Options

@Marc Scheibein said:
    did this happen after updating the master fw? If yes, from what fw did you updated?

There is a change in the internal security database of the NX masters between v1.6 and v1.8, which requires to disable authentication before downgrading from 1.8 to 1.6. Upgrading from .6 to 1.8 should not give that problem, and even up/downgrading within the v1.8 line shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe for whatever reason the user database got damaged, and even the admin account lost the password.
    Worst case a factory reset may be required, in this case by using the ID button (left of the LAN port).

While the manual tells about LED blink pattern and 10 seconds, I found that his is little more trickier.
    If I need to do, I do it this way:

• Remove power (DVX: turn off power)
    • Push and hold the ID button
    • Connect power (DVX: turn on power)
    • I counted to 15, then release ID
    • The NX now should reboot few seconds later, and should come back with factory reset (DHCP, empty program, and also default admin password)

If not working on first attempt, try again with holding the button a few seconds longer

No Firmware upgrade. I left the site last night and didn't shut down the browser so it might be hung in some state.

Worst case scenario I will factory reset. The whole thing is so stupid.

• Options

Won't the Restore_Default command from Studio do the same thing?

• Options

@feddx said:
    Won't the Restore_Default command from Studio do the same thing?

Didn't know that command :D , so never used it.... but by manual.... yes, it may do a factory reset

• Options

Didn't know that command :D , so never used it.... but by manual.... yes, it may do a factory reset

It didn't work. I just factory reset the Enova.

Thanks.

Is it me, or is AMX having a few hardware/software problems with their gear lately?

• Options
    emdx71emdx71 Posts: 43

Is it me, or is AMX having a few hardware/software problems with their gear lately?

I've had tons of issues with 1.8.183, despite being told on here that the problem isn't reproducible, so I gave up on it and decided to stay on firmware that works. Devices that were running previous 1.8.x firmware were fine before this firmware, have issues now. Rolling back to older 1.8.x firmware resolves any issue I've had. tried on 6 different masters now ( a mix of 1.6.x 1200s, 2200 and 2265s running 1.8.x) going from 1.6.x to 1.8 is really bad, All of them show the exact same issues, Which in my case is timelines not always starting at boot, duet modules not loading at boot or other oddness like you've seen with not being able to log in. You might have to restore factory firmware to be able to log back in. One 2265 we have required this. There is also a note on the anytime help page about old duet modules not loading after upgrading to 1.8, and they will require updates to new ones. I've done that, modules still won't always load. its hit or miss for me.

• Options

Current issue I see with the 1.8.183 is that if doing an URL list entry by port 1320 (secured ICSP), and the URL List destination is not reachable or got lost, the master will reboot. As the URL list entries done by Studio are permanent, this may result in a boot loop... in evaluation with TS.

I must admit that by experience there are several 1.6 and 1.8 firmware releases that have different effects depending on what controller they are used... most solid over all NX based units seem to be 1.6.179 and 1.6.200, and v1.8.120