Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

MD1002 Discontinuation

I notice that AMX have started to discontinue the Modero Panels, but there is no solution for SIP

Can we get a date when this will happen for Varia?

This is a bit short sighted, IMO, leaving us with something that is lower on fucntionality...we us SIP on pretty much all of our projects....

Is there any idea as to when the 702 wil be discontinued as well.

@HARMAN_Chris @HARMAN_Rob @HARMAN_icraigie ?

Comments

• Duncan EllisDuncan Ellis Posts: 161

Sorry, to add to this - TP Control iOS doesn't work with SIP either....until they update it

...Any chance of an answer

@HARMAN_Chris @HARMAN_Rob @HARMAN_icraigie ?

• Marc ScheibeinMarc Scheibein Posts: 867
    edited July 30

I know that there are feature requests for a direct SIP implementation into the G5 App of the Varia panels. But I don't know status.

I have heard that there was successfully side loaded the Android TPC App to Varias, to use the SIP implementation that is in TPC for Android. So the Varia runs TPC as "Persona", instead of the regular G5 App. But I don't know who this was....

Another option would be to load a 3rd party SIP app to the Varia, and open the app by G5 commands. I never tried, but I don't think that there would be any interaction between the G5 app and the 3rd party SIP app.

Best would be to place an official information and feature request thru your sales or support channel to Harman.

Hi Marc

I side loaded it and it works ok, but your still having to manage an second version and ensuring it fires up when th e panel starts.
    I just think it's a bit wierd discontinuning a panel when the new one has less fucntionality than the one you're getting rid of.

I've already asked the distributor and they can only tell me that the request has been put in...no dates

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,741

@Duncan Ellis said:
    I just think it's a bit wierd discontinuning a panel when the new one has less fucntionality than the one you're getting rid of.

Duncan, you were here when G5 obliterated the high function graphic control we had for years in G4. Such is, and always has bee, progress.

• feddxfeddx Posts: 183

@John Nagy said:

@Duncan Ellis said:

Duncan, you were here when G5 obliterated the high function graphic control we had for years in G4. Such is, and always has bee, progress.

@PepperidgeFarms remembers.