Home AMX User Forum AMX Networked AV (SVSI) Products

N26xx HControl & MUSE Questions

I'm in the process of getting into MUSE. Our "Typical" SVSi room builds are NetLinx and N24xx series gear, so I'm trying to break myself out of that way of thinking and want to use things like HControl. To that end, in our environment we're used to the SVSi endpoints being setup with the name and device number, and the controller and code not needing to be touched if we need to swap out a encoder or decoder.

With HControl, is there a way to set the name of a given endpoint so that's what it shows up as on the controller? So instead of seeing N2622D-8BBAB6 (the highlighted one in the example screenshot below) and having to make a Device mapping that maps N2622D-8BBAB6 to a given name for code use, I could set the HControl name reported by the endpoint to "DecoderFoo" (as an example) and not have to touch the controller or code if this device needs to be swapped?

For what its worth: Muse controller and all associated gear is on the latest FW as of 10/8

Comments

• This will be supported soon with the v1.7.8 firmware of the N26x2 (and also on the N26x5 series). Currently this name can't be changed, or if changed, it will get lost and fall back to default on a reboot of the Hcontrol device.

Not sure if the name change will take effect passed from VSC to the device, but at least the name would be possible to be changed on the device itself or by Automator. We will see when the fw supports it :smile:

• RombusRombus Posts: 4

Really appreciate the response!

• btw - the v1.7.9 firmware for N26x2, and v1.4.8 for N26x15 is available now :smile: