Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Controller and TP have different times.

Hello everyone
Please correct me if I am wrong but should the TP not reflect the controllers time after I do a 'set time/date' in Studio? My controller show the time I set it to but the panel is off.

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    G3 panels keep their own time, though they will set the master's time when you change them. If they drift, they will drift independently of the master. G4 panels get it from the master, as long as you are using port zero and the built-in addresses for date/time.
  • I usually send a CLOCK command to the touch panel when I get an indication that it is in Wake mode.
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    I am using the G4 with the address port set to 0 and address code set to ';time-24 hrs'. usually it updates when I flash the time on the controller but this 1 panel on my desk isn't updating. The clock command is a option I hadn't thought about using because I was under the impression that the panels(G4) would track the controller. Thanks guys. :)
    I am using the G4 with the address port set to 0 and address code set to ';time-24 hrs'. usually it updates when I flash the time on the controller but this 1 panel on my desk isn't updating. The clock command is a option I hadn't thought about using because I was under the impression that the panels(G4) would track the controller. Thanks guys. :)
    I thought they would too - as a matter of fact, a disconnected panel always showed 12:00 on reboot for me (and January 1). They keep time after a disconnect, but I always thought they synced up on re-connect. Could just be a mistaken impression, it's not like I did any testing ... but I am nearly certain that is what I have observed: connect, and it grabs time from the master.

Here's a question though: did you disable UDP broadcasts from the master? That's where it gets the time from (I've seen the broadcst go out while packet sniffing for other issues), so if you disabled it, no update.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    alternative
    DEFINE_PROGRAM
    wait(600){ // do every minute
        SEND_COMMAND dvTP, "'@TXT',TXT_HOME_TIME,TIME"
        }
    }

You could do something like this in your program. Your controller's time and your TP's time will always be within a minute of each other.
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Yes, I have the UDP port turned on. I swore(very often) that while doing testing before that the controller and TP adjusted their time after the clock function from studio. Must of been a Monday :)
  • I've found that using i!Time Manager keeps G3 panels updated.

Jeff Lockyear
    Synergy Home Systems, Toronto
    I've found that using i!Time Manager keeps G3 panels updated.

Jeff Lockyear
    Synergy Home Systems, Toronto
    Yet i!-TimeManager only deals with the master's clock. I think something is going wrong with thei particular installation that the panel is not synchronizing with the master - in which case, updating the master is of no help.