Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Touch Panel resources

I'll be the first to admit it: my talents in graphical design are not the best. I can modify and hack panel designs quite well, but falter when it comes to original design. Pretty much all my panels are variants on what can be generated with G4 PanelBuilder, or Design Xpress. But there come times when those tools and my own skills are not adequate and don't provide anything suitable for the project at hand.

I'm at one of those times, and am looking for a resource for where I can purchase panel templates. I had a few links in the past, but all but one are dead. The one I still have is GuiFX. The project I am working on might best use their Contour Mahogony design, which, naturally, is a C* design, not AMX. I am going to contact them to see if they will offer a port to AMX, or even a license to use just the graphical elements. Meanwhile, I could use some other options.

Do any of you provide panel designs for resale? Or can you point me towards some other resources where I can get them?

Comments

• Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    If I can still locate him, I know of a guy that did some really nice work for us a few years back.(Super busy that year and had to contract some work out) I'll try to find him and see what's he is up too now and will let you know.
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Hi,

We would be happy to work with you as we have a full time designer for Touch Panel Pages. Feel free to contact me back through private message if you want ;)

Vinc
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Thank you both for the responses. Unfortunately, I've discovered Sales has been dragging their feet on this, and I have no time to get a new design developed; I'm going to have to go with a stock PanelBuilder template, and that's that.

I'll make a note for when I find myself in this position again, or if we want to "upgrade" the design. Meanwhile, I'm going to smack the salesman upside the head for forcing us into a rush situation.
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    You have to love salesmen. Always rush, rush rush and don't worry about doing it right because you can always fix it up on one of your 10 million trips back under warranty. Sorry for sounding sour (salesmen do this to me) but I am a firm believer in doing the job right the first time and you'll have a 99% chance of never having to go back to 'fix it or make it right'. Plus you have a customer that will love you and maybe recommand you to someone else. If I do locate the designer I will forward you his info. Best of luck with the job Dave. :)