Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions
Options

TPDesign4 Button Passwords?

Button General Properties - Password Protection
Password Protection ? This option allows you to apply password protection to the selected button(s).

You can set up to four passwords per panel; use this drop-down list to select which of four possible passwords to apply to the selection (none, password 1, password 2, password 3, or password 4).

How do you "set" these passwords? The dropdown menu just allows me to select "password 1", "password 2", etc. I looked in the help files and the only description I could find of this feature is above.

Comments

• Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    1) Get into Protected Setup on the panel
    2) Press passwords and set "Password #" to whatever
    3) Voila!
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Ah, ok, thanks. I just discovered one can set the password with
    "'^PWD-<password level>,<page flip password>'"

as well. I think I'll try this out today. I hope that "page flip password" doesn't mean that the password only applies to the page flip. (e.g. will a password protected button generate a channel event if the password is incorrect)

EDIT: Yay, they work as expected (no channel event until the password is correctly entered). If you want to password protect a couple buttons (user login buttons) without changing your code, this is a nifty feature. The main drawback being you have to enter a set of passwords for each panel.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    mpullin wrote:
    Ah, ok, thanks. I just discovered one can set the password with
    "'^PWD-<password level>,<page flip password>'"

as well. I think I'll try this out today. I hope that "page flip password" doesn't mean that the password only applies to the page flip. (e.g. will a password protected button generate a channel event if the password is incorrect)

EDIT: Yay, they work as expected (no channel event until the password is correctly entered). If you want to password protect a couple buttons (user login buttons) without changing your code, this is a nifty feature. The main drawback being you have to enter a set of passwords for each panel.
    I made a small module that will store passwords in persistent memory on the master, and allow you to change the passwords on all your panels at once. I also update the passwords in an online event, so if you have to replace a panel, all the passwords get updated without you needing to worry about it. This also gives your client the ability to change passwords on his own.

It's an old module, so I can't promise some of the code isn't a little on the dark side :). But if you are interested, I can post it.
  • Options
    Cameron DCameron D Posts: 31
    ChanPasswords

Hi Dave,

Is it possible you can send me the code aswell, Or put it in tips and tricks for all to use.

Thank You
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Sure, give me a day or two to nominally clean it up so it's at least comprehensible, and I'll post it.