Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions VisualArchitect
Options

Touch Panel Design - Thumbs Down

Post what you don't like about touch panel generation and finished design in this thread. :(

Comments

• Options
    pauldpauld Posts: 106
    G4 Panel Builder Templates?

I don't see the Templates from Panel Builder in VA, and I would like to use these templates. Any chance on getting these templates Converted to the new software?
  • Options
    I smell another poll coming on. [grin] It certainly would help the effort here at AMX to get some input into the G4 PanelBuilder templates you'd like to see become VA templates. Or perhaps your opinion is that you'd like us to focus on new designs for VA. Input in this area is welcome.
  • Options
    TP Templates for VA

I use 4 or 5 main TP Templates and then heavily modify them for my installs. The ones I mainly use are-Aluminum Smoke, Aqua Lens, Crimsom, Digital Dots and Platinum. These templates seem to have easy navigation and are easy to customize.
  • Options
    matt95gsrmatt95gsr Posts: 165
    Platinum. Oh, and Platinum, please!
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    It would be nice to have new templates for VA and TPD4. I'm somewhat tired of the stock templates, though have used the Aqua Lense extensively after a detailed make-over of the template. Anyway, either new templates for both or at least VA should have access to all of the pre-exisiting templates.

I don't think it's fair to a dealer that is just getting started and using VA as a crutch to not have access to the panels available in G4PB.

I propose a competition of VA templates amongst us dealers / independent programmers, and the top three winners get one of those elusive AMX leathers. ;)
  • Options
    PanelBuilder Templates for VA

Yes, our plan is to convert the PanelBuilder templates for use in VA.

Great idea on a contest! We'll get back to you on that.

Lastly, you mentioned that you are making significant modifications to the PanelBuilder templates. What kinds of modifications are you making? It could impact how we design our templates in the future to make things easier for you.
  • Options
    The template we've been using most recently has been the Aqua Lens, and I've been modifying it according to our client. We did a job for someone associated with the Kansas City Chiefs, so we transformed it to a football theme; a client had a place in Hawaii and the game room had somewhat of a tropical theme, so I modified that to a tropical theme. Then we've used the AL template and just modified the background color to orange.

I like the layout so much of the AL template that I've made a vector version so I can change the border to anything (as seen in the Tropical image) from wood, to metal . . . almost anything. Same thing with the background. I think that would be a very strong addition to VA or G4PB - the ability to let us change those things. Perhaps there would be another program that we could use to customize certain parts of the "template" with our own backgrounds or colors, similar to the templates where we can change colors because it uses chameleon images. Just an idea . . .
  • Options
    I just imported a VA template into TPD4 - and must say, there is A LOT there. Creating a template from scratch seems to be very labor intensive. Would there be any chance to post (either in the forums or on the website) the requirements to a VA template?