Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Studio2 v2.2 problem

Hi everyone,

I have a small problem with the highlighting of AXI files in Studio2.2b84.

When opening an AXI by File/Open, or directly from Windows Explorer, the highlighting is correct.

But when I'm opening an AXI from a Workspace, some AXIs are highlighted as AXcess code. The workspace itself is defined for NetLinx platform.

If this would happen in general - ok, a bug in general. But, from some Workspaces, AXIs are highlighted correct, and I can't find any difference between AXI which are shown corect and wrong.

I also checked the XML code of the workspace files, but it has no effect when editing the XML scripts.

Can anyone reproduce this?

Best regards,
Marc

Comments

• Options
    I had the same problem - updating Studio 2.2 with the August patch seems to have fixed the problem.
  • Options
    Unfortunately it's still the same with the patch to Build 84.
  • Options
    I have a similar problem of netlinx code being displayed a Axcess code, if I open the axs file the only way i can get it display as netlinx code is to open the workspace if I don't have a workspace I have to create one.
    It worked fine in 2.1
    Dan Nelson
  • Options
    Re: Studio2 v2.2 problem

Hi,

I find problem opening axi files as follows:

1. I have a few projects / systems under a workspace.
    2. Set a system under a project as an Active System.
    3. Directly click other axi files in other systems NOT selected as Active System.
    4. You can find the highlighted codes are not correct. // cannot comment a line.

Is it a problem of Studio2.2b84?

Charles
    Originally posted by Marc Scheibein
    Hi everyone,

I have a small problem with the highlighting of AXI files in Studio2.2b84.

When opening an AXI by File/Open, or directly from Windows Explorer, the highlighting is correct.

But when I'm opening an AXI from a Workspace, some AXIs are highlighted as AXcess code. The workspace itself is defined for NetLinx platform.

If this would happen in general - ok, a bug in general. But, from some Workspaces, AXIs are highlighted correct, and I can't find any difference between AXI which are shown corect and wrong.

I also checked the XML code of the workspace files, but it has no effect when editing the XML scripts.

Can anyone reproduce this?

Best regards,
    Marc
  • Options
    Just noticed the same thing as Charles above with having axi's outside of the active system in a multi-sustem project following axs formatting rules aot netlinx

Ian
  • Options
    Good News! This is fixed in NetLinx Studio 2.3.

Now when you open a source file from the workspace, it automatically receives the platform of the system to which it belongs.
    Put another way: the system context of the selected file is used to determine the files platform.

If you open a file from "File|Open" and it is in the Active System, it receives that system's platform. If it is not in the Active System, it receives the platform of the first system it is found within. If it is not found in the workspace, it receives the Default Platform.

-Matt
  • Options
    Good news!

Any timeframe when available? ;-)
  • Options
    Studio 2.3

Marc,

I saw a post yesterday indicating that Studio 2.3 was expected to be released in late December. According to the PowerPoint presentation from AMX provided at CEDIA (and available online now), Studio 2.3 is tied to (or related to) the release of Netlinx Master firmware version 3.0 and the integration of Java J2ME with Netlinx. The plan may have changed but that was what was documented in September. Since the Cafe Duet/Java environment was scheduled to be available at the end of the year and since Studio 2.3 seems to be part of the enabler for the introduction of that technology, it makes some sense that we can expect a collection of major upgrades at the end of the year or by the beginning of 2005.

The AMX regional roadshows for Duet have begun so perhaps more information on Duet, the components, and the timeframes surrounding it will be available in the next few weeks.