Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions VisualArchitect

Reports - Thumbs Down

Post what you don't like about reports in this thread. :(

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Ok, here goes...

Diagram:
    It can be hard to distinguish the various connection lines. Especially on a grayscale (laser printer) print. Possible solutions... Different color lines for different signal types. Don't allow different signal lines to stack together. Generate a warning if lines are stacked from different connection types. This is a minor feature and I would give it VERY low priority as 3 minutes arranging the devices can easily avoid most of these problems.

Equipment List:
    Check boxes seem to loose the lower border line on my print at random. Seems to carry through all checklists. Printed on standard letter size paper from an HP 1012 laser printer. Again, VERY LOW priority.

Would be nice to be able to add MSRP to non amx items in the list and have a total price for the system.

Installation Checklist:
    Seems a little lacking, but can't think of what is missing at the moment.

Device Addressing:
    Would be nice if the expected baud rate and settings could be listed for RS232 devices. Maybe also an AMX wire number or pin configuration. (might belong in a different section.)

Master Addressing via Terminal-Telnet:
    The instruction refering to typing 'echo on' isn't very clear on a grayscale print. Make it bold like the 'get ip' command. Might also make it a little large font or maybe a different font?

Modero Touchpanel Device Addressing:
    Need to add the directions for access the setup menu on MVP-7500 and MVP-8400.

NI-3000:
    List the connections in the order they are on the processor. Or atleast group the RS232 devices together, the IR devices together, ... Seems they get listed in the order added.

Troubleshooting:
    List the problems with using pre-made serial cables. Maybe add a section regarding simple IP network verification. For example pinging the devices. Checking for duplicate IP addresses.....

That's all I have right now, but I didn't actually read through all of the troubleshooting documentation.

Jeff
  • VLCNCRZRVLCNCRZR Posts: 216
    VisualArchitect Reports

It would be nice to be able to pick and choose which blocks of
    information are included, or deleted from the report.

IE: addressing info, device info, troubleshooting, etc.